The Varsity’s Future

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I didnt call anyone a P 😂 I wear my mask EVERYWHERE, because it makes others around me comfortable, but to say we are completely overreacting to this virus would be an understatement. I refuse to be led off the cliff because some idiot politician tells me to do something. On the flipside, if a private entity chooses to lose revenue because of one person who isnt even showing symptoms, that's on them.
My comment about our ancestors storming beaches was an analogy to how far we've come from the Land of the Brave and Free.. we've turned into weak, fearful individuals. Scared of our neighbors, our bosses, our futures and a virus that has less than a 1% fatality rate... sorry you took it offensively. Have a great day. I wont be responding any further, feel free to block me.

Never in the history of the USA has the public ever worn masks to prevent a disease outbreak?
QERLEVTJGGFBEKLKAB4HWOXU6E.jpg

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That's not what I'm talking about but alright... twist it to fit whatever narrative you cling to

I'm not pushing a narrative. I am simply responding to:
My comment about our ancestors storming beaches was an analogy to how far we've come from the Land of the Brave and Free.. we've turned into weak, fearful individuals.

The people in the picture were wearing masks precisely because of a virus. The people in the picture were wearing masks before 1944. My understanding from the story about that picture is that a great majority of people in 1918 (26 years before D-Day) wore masks in public. I don't understand how a request to do what was done in 1918 is evidence of a decline in individual strength.

If requesting people to wear masks in public is not what you are talking about, or if a belief that people before 1944 would be "too strong" to wear masks in public isn't what you are talking about, then I don't understand your point.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm not pushing a narrative. I am simply responding to:

The people in the picture were wearing masks precisely because of a virus. The people in the picture were wearing masks before 1944. My understanding from the story about that picture is that a great majority of people in 1918 (26 years before D-Day) wore masks in public. I don't understand how a request to do what was done in 1918 is evidence of a decline in individual strength.

If requesting people to wear masks in public is not what you are talking about, or if a belief that people before 1944 would be "too strong" to wear masks in public isn't what you are talking about, then I don't understand your point.

Lol They’re wearing masks at a ballgame don’t you see the irony, they didn’t shut down the world or their sports. They were real men/women.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Lol They’re wearing masks at a ballgame don’t you see the irony, they didn’t shut down the world or their sports. They were real men/women.

And if people would wear masks in public now, it would help getting back closer to normalcy. However there is a large group that wants to shut down no matter what, and another large group that won't wear masks no matter what.