The Varsity’s Future

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Drove down there last night. There is a sign on the door that only says they’re closed for the mean time but I think I could understand how some one might interpret the sign as possibly being a permanent closure.

I can understand that some people can't help but exaggerate everything for the sake of telling a compelling story.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Am glad that this isn't true. I too lived in Towers freshman year (2003) and met my future/current/only wife who lived in Harrison.

I lived off campus for the other 3 years, but man my dad and I would hit up the V fairly regularly pregame.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Dang, did they have dorms back then. Did you have a parking pass for your covered wagon too? :smuggrin:

I was in Towers for my FR year. I used to think the pranks were dumb. I was much, much more straight-laced back then. Late one night, some jackleg pulled all the fire alarms. Literally all of the dorms on the east side. Then streaked through the crowd. It was a cold, cold night for that young man.

I got bamboozled. They sold me and my HS friend on the "freshmen experience" program...which meant we overpayed for the crappy dorms with lockerroom style bathrooms while all the other freshmen got those awesome Olympic Dorms.

Thanks for bringing that up...@sshole...

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
FB_IMG_1588175329341.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We really are slowly turning into a bunch of p......

...... pansies. (As in flower.) Thought I'd finish for you.

Hate to tell y'all but the shutdown and quarantine is what is being done worldwide. More so elsewhere and more effectively.

For the Navy, someone tests positive and close contacts are quarantined for two weeks. Travel is restricted to / from high infection areas.

So the Varsity closing if a staff member who is in close contact with others has led to their quarantine makes sense.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
1 employee tested positive lol WOW hard to believe our great grandfathers stormed Normandy and defeated two of the worlds largest super powers and yet here we are....

I would be interested in you finishing your thought. ...yet here we are......"taking simple measures to protect our fellow Americans from disease and possible death by doing small things like wearing masks and closing restaurants when an employee is confirmed to be sick with a deadly virus at that location."

Is that the finish to your thought that we are supposed to be "embarrassed" of? I would say the exact opposite. If you consider being asked to wear a mask and socially distance for a little while as being too big a sacrifice to make in order to help protect your country, I would think our grandfathers that risked their lives and stormed Normandy in order to protect our country would be insulted and call you a freaking p****y.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I would be interested in you finishing your thought. ...yet here we are......"taking simple measures to protect our fellow Americans from disease and possible death by doing small things like wearing masks and closing restaurants when an employee is confirmed to be sick with a deadly virus at that location."

Is that the finish to your thought that we are supposed to be "embarrassed" of? I would say the exact opposite. If you consider being asked to wear a mask and socially distance for a little while as being too big a sacrifice to make in order to help protect your country, I would think our grandfathers that risked their lives and stormed Normandy in order to protect our country would be insulted and call you a freaking p****y.
I didnt call anyone a P 😂 I wear my mask EVERYWHERE, because it makes others around me comfortable, but to say we are completely overreacting to this virus would be an understatement. I refuse to be led off the cliff because some idiot politician tells me to do something. On the flipside, if a private entity chooses to lose revenue because of one person who isnt even showing symptoms, that's on them.
My comment about our ancestors storming beaches was an analogy to how far we've come from the Land of the Brave and Free.. we've turned into weak, fearful individuals. Scared of our neighbors, our bosses, our futures and a virus that has less than a 1% fatality rate... sorry you took it offensively. Have a great day. I wont be responding any further, feel free to block me.