The sun

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, it rose today where I live. I think that was a perfect storm GT football ran into yesterday.

There were many, many things that contributed to the overall loss for GT, but the major thing was the ND D. Going into the game it was pointed out that it takes special defenses that can shed blocks to beat the scheme.

Do I think some other coaches will try that D formation when they play GT? Yes. Will it work for them? Probably not.

Is anyone else seeing daylight today?

Beet Dook.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes we have at least 9 more opportunities to improve and hopefully win. Might as well buck up and get ready to give our best effort in the next one. The pressure of an undefeated season has been lifted so no reason to play tight going forward. Duke is in the same boat as us! They will be fighting for their lives next Saturday so expect another tough ball game. Most all of them are.

Go Jackets!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Today the sun rose in Savannah and I'm still wearing my gold-colored glasses. I still love Our Team and truly expect them to survive/overcome the adversity they faced yesterday. Today is another day and life will go on. As always, #GoJackets #TogetherWeSwarm

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I stated before that this is a rebuilding year, and my prediction was 8-4 or 9-3. Which that is darn good in a reb year. I must admit after the first two games I became much more excited. Thinking 9 wins as the low. Now I go to 7 as the low with 10 the top including a bowl game. This schedule is extremely tough!!! If we can win 8 or more then next year will be set up nicely with an easier sch.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Good morning friends...!
I agree with your thoughts... woke up this morning surprisingly upbeat.

Tried to understand why I feel upbeat following a lose?

Here's what came to mind:

My team is really good
It has a unique and highly effective offense
It has an effective and stable group of coaches
My defense has improved a lot and getting better
My team got its butt kicked yesterday and kept fighting it out, not giving in to defeat and pouting
They gave honest and professional interviews after the game...focused on improvement and next week

I enjoyed watching my team compete on a national stage again... they got "whooped" by a better team yesterday but all they
are thinking about is cleaning up mistakes and whipping somebody at the next opportunity just like they did against Clem, ga, and MSU last year.

As usual, the whole program made us look good again, even in an increasingly rare defeat

Excited for Saturday!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Good morning friends...!
I agree with your thoughts... woke up this morning surprisingly upbeat.

Tried to understand why I feel upbeat following a lose?

Here's what came to mind:

My team is really good
It has a unique and highly effective offense
It has an effective and stable group of coaches
My defense has improved a lot and getting better
My team got its butt kicked yesterday and kept fighting it out, not giving in to defeat and pouting
They gave honest and professional interviews after the game...focused on improvement and next week

I enjoyed watching my team compete on a national stage again... they got "whooped" by a better team yesterday but all they
are thinking about is cleaning up mistakes and whipping somebody at the next opportunity just like they did against Clem, ga, and MSU last year.

As usual, the whole program made us look good again, even in an increasingly rare defeat

Excited for Saturday!

excellent post. I'll add one other thing (for me). I have been watching Tech games now for 40 +/- years. Sadly, there was a time when a loss like that would affect my mood for a day or so afterwards. Nights before a big game like that where I was so excited I would have trouble sleeping like a child at Christmas. fortunately the good Lord let me live long enough to outgrow all that. I still enjoy GT FB (obviously the W's more than the L's) but I no longer get too worked up over the things in life that I cannot control.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
The way I see it, there's a lot of folks in our position today. Alabama fans, USC fans, Auburn fans, BYU fans, etc. Somebody's got to lose and we were just plain beat, so there's no real reason to dwell on it. You could toss out hypotheticals, but we were beat in so many facets that I don't think any one thing would have made a difference. I chalk it up to a bad matchup. Hope we can get revenge on Duke and UNC and head into the Clemson game with some confidence.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think the team was to confident. I mean how often would we be favored for most of the week to beat them? Even half the talking heads at secpn picked us saying our ground game could not be stopped. So much for our athletes being bigger and faster than Navy. I bet they play better than we did.

Well I'm looking at like this the sun don't shine on the same dogs butt everyday yesterday was the day for Notre Dame. Now let's get to work and put something on dookie that Ajax can't wash out.