The speed factor

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think this gets enough attention.
This is the fastest team I believe Paul Johnson has ever had, including Navy and Southern.

Thomas
Snoddy
Zenon
DJ White
Smelter

All stand out on the field. How many times did we see a GT back screaming downfield blowing past Pitt defensive backs?

Thomas not only makes his reads, he speeds up the offense too. Very fun to watch. And very tough to prepare for if you are an opposing defense.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We have some guys who can run. You are right about that. I can't speak for CPJ's prior teams because I don't know. The foot speed is good with the roster we are putting on the field but we are running the offense faster too, with quick decisive reads etc. That helps just as much.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
This will help with the coverage units on special teams, too. Imagine Nathan Cottrell screaming downfield as a gunner on kickoffs next year...

Last edited:

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I don't think this gets enough attention.
This is the fastest team I believe Paul Johnson has ever had, including Navy and Southern.

Thomas
Snoddy
Zenon
DJ White
Smelter

All stand out on the field. How many times did we see a GT back screaming downfield blowing past Pitt defensive backs?

Thomas not only makes his reads, he speeds up the offense too. Very fun to watch. And very tough to prepare for if you are an opposing defense.

And I think you can add Bostic, Searcy, and the Twins.