The Official 2019 Adidas Swag Thread

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
E38EE6A2-31A2-49AC-B59E-626A87C8EA3D.jpeg
D032D9E4-C47C-4F40-854E-9A99C989F4C7.jpeg
00F98581-D515-43F0-AEE6-EE9A9AD3E85C.jpeg
3 New Polos (but somehow they’re already low stock??)
https://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/all-adidas-items/c-308?pageSize=72&sortOption=NewestArrivals

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We can only get more gold gear if we demand adidas for it or purchase more of it. How do we we purchase more gold gear if adidas never makes any regardless of our demands? Only Stansbury knows.

I believe some of your response is probably sarcasm, but just in case, pretty much every gold pullover and polo that was released was sold out very, very fast. The only gold item that did not sell out fast was the thin work out hoodie. But, I even bought one of those.

You would think Adidas would already know by now. I will be happy to send Adidas emails if someone wants to link exactly who/what department we should send these "demands"?

I believe some of your response is probably sarcasm, but just in case, pretty much every gold pullover and polo that was released was sold out very, very fast. The only gold item that did not sell out fast was the thin work out hoodie. But, I even bought one of those.

You would think Adidas would already know by now. I will be happy to send Adidas emails if someone wants to link exactly who/what department we should send these "demands"?
I sure am pleased to see that I'm not the only one who wants gold shirts. I just don't understand why gold is not ALWAYS offered as a choice.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I sure am pleased to see that I'm not the only one who wants gold shirts. I just don't understand why gold is not ALWAYS offered as a choice.
I think, since we're still relatively new to adidas, and we have a very specific gold shade, they are hesitant to do full runs of gold stuff. If there were a way to let them know there's a lot of interest in gold stuff, that would help.

I think, since we're still relatively new to adidas, and we have a very specific gold shade, they are hesitant to do full runs of gold stuff. If there were a way to let them know there's a lot of interest in gold stuff, that would help.
Since our primary colors have always been white and gold, one would think it would be patently obvious to them that they should be producing them, even without us letting them know anything. Somebody had to have told them to produce mostly blue stuff, or they never would have to begin with. They certainly could not have come up with that decision on their own.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Anyone seen an adidas hat anywhere that is a non-structured hat? I'd love to see an adidas "clean'up" style hat, or something similar made from a dri-fit material, but most adidas hats I've found are fitted or very structured.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Each manufacturer (adidas) has an ordering system showing various options. The retailer (bookstore, Fanatics) logs on and orders (many months in advance) what they believe will sell based on their customer data. The manufacturer then produces exactly what was ordered by the retailer.

At no point does an athletic department or AD tell them what to order. Adidas can't force a retailer to buy a certain amount or color.

I know customers get frustrated when items sell out, but it's a perfect situation for retailers. They'd rather underestimate demand rather than overestimate.

At the end of the day, the customer is king. If you want something, tell the retailer, and they will adjust based on demand.

This is all very similar to ACC Network being carried by Comcast. ESPN can't force them to carry the network, Todd Stansbury can't tell them to carry the network. If 100 customers want it, they won't carry it, but if they hear from thousands of customers, they'll know they need to react.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Anyone seen an adidas hat anywhere that is a non-structured hat? I'd love to see an adidas "clean'up" style hat, or something similar made from a dri-fit material, but most adidas hats I've found are fitted or very structured.
I have an adjustable, non-structured hat I got in the bookstore last football season--it doesn't appear to be for sale any more, but I assume there will be a new batch of hats come football season.