The number of times Georgia Tech’s offense has gone three-and-out in 2014.

Lets all knock on wood now so we don't go 3 and out every possession this week.

Cutcliffe is a good coach, and he has some knowledge of the OBS scheme, but I am not real concerned about his ability, even with the bye week, to come up with a viable defense. I guarantee he will see something out of our offense that he has not prepared for. Not a major departure, but like that B-back counter off of jet toss motion that Miami got burned on a couple of times. Something just enough to put their DC on edge. 95% of what we will do will be what we have honed to perfection at practice. Plus a little of this and a little of that.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I'm much more worried about what their OFf will do than their DEF, they may have new formations,etc
I knew we were low nationally in that stat and still 5-0

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He is not going to be able to invent a new defense with an extra week. About the most he will be able to do is get everybody a little more sure of their assignments etc. There is no magic way to make up for 2 defensive guys getting optioned off by a QB who can make reads, move quickly, and make decent throws. They have a huge assignment this week, just like every team who will play us. My guess is that they will try to contain, limit damage, and hope we make mistakes. Blitzing A gaps, or the QB, while passing, is a huge risk with the guy we have taking snaps. We just need to execute well with few mistakes and we will be OK.