The missing 2019 UCF game

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I have never whined like a baby, win or lose. As a Tech man, I have the dignity to lose well.

Try not to project your own feelings onto others.
Y’all are acting like we were guaranteed to win that game, your not giving UCF enough credit they were GREAT team, “NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP” worthy HECK no, but nonetheless they had lots of talent and a great coaching staff.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Y’all are acting like we were guaranteed to win that game, your not giving UCF enough credit they were GREAT team, “NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP” worthy HECK no, but nonetheless they had lots of talent and a great coaching staff.
I give no opponent credit. Until another team beats us, I'm counting that game as a WIN. PERIOD. Q.E.D.

If UCF plays us in 2017, we punch them in the mouth and they fold like a house of cards. There would have been no chest-puffing or embarrassing comments about "national chamipion" coming from their coach.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m going to go out on a limb and say they were more talented than Virginia that year, i think it could’ve gone either way depending on how the defense played, do I need to remind you of the Paul Johnson defense? Oh and you didn’t give Clemson credit in the first game last year ? Cause that basically what you said.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

This discussion has nothing to do with whether we thought we were going to win or lose or whether we thought they were a good team or not.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
This discussion has nothing to do with whether we thought we were going to win or lose or whether we thought they were a good team or not.
Yes it does read his quote below that is my point, he said it did
I give no opponent credit. Until another team beats us, I'm counting that game as a WIN. PERIOD. Q.E.D.

If UCF plays us in 2017, we punch them in the mouth and they fold like a house of cards. There would have been no chest-puffing or embarrassing comments about "national chamipion" coming from their coach.
I don't think its fair to say that, they were talented, we were talented could've gone either way

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow

@bwelbo please read this quote and you will understand where I got that from. I was not directing that towards you, Was directing it towards him

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes it does read his quote below that is my point, he said it did

I don't think its fair to say that, they were talented, we were talented could've gone either way
I don't care about fair. This is a GT message board. No one said I had to be fair. Bottom line, until UCF beats us, they're a bunch of chumps.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Go look at my history. I say the same exact thing about uga and Clempson every year. No one gets my respect until they beat us. PERIOD. I concede NO game, EVER.

We will win, until we lose.
😂 you have the same logic as the UCF fans who claim to be national champs😂, nothing wrong with a super fan, you do you man

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Fun fact - UCF canceled 3 games in 2017. They’ve played their full schedule once since 2016.
That a very skewed statistic. They canceled TECH, they POSTPONED Memphis, that is why Maine was canceled in the first place, they canceled Maine so they could play Memphis, which frankly I respect because Memphis was a much better opponent, they canceled one LEGITIMATE game, and one opponent they would've surely killed.

Deleted member 2897

That a very skewed statistic. They canceled TECH, they POSTPONED Memphis, that is why Maine was canceled in the first place, they canceled Maine so they could play Memphis, which frankly I respect because Memphis was a much better opponent, they canceled one LEGITIMATE game, and one opponent they would've surely killed.

Yep, like I said...

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Jaycube - are you Heupel's son or something? I have never seen someone dig in so hard to defend the snot out of our next opponent.
Honestly, I think its mighty pathetic that TECH fans are stooping so low as to use the fact that we MIGHT'VE beat an undefeated team in 2017 had they not canceled on us. Its kind of depressing, I guess if that makes you feel better about our team pre-collins that fine. Never thought our fans were this hard-nosed, I think we can all admit that UCF very well could've beaten us even had they not canceled. I am not upset with the fact that people don't agree with them canceling, but to say that's the only reason they are "National champions" and that we would've beaten them, quoting @forensicbuzz . I agree they had an easy schedule, I acknowledge they canceled games, but I think them rescheduling Memphis (a very talented team in 2017) over Maine, shows that they weren't just running from every decent opponent. This years game I think we'll pull out the W, because of Coach Thacker's defense, but in 2017 my money was on UCF because our defense was awful.

Deleted member 2897

Honestly, I think its mighty pathetic that TECH fans are stooping so low as to use the fact that we MIGHT'VE beat an undefeated team in 2017 had they not canceled on us. Its kind of depressing, I guess if that makes you feel better about our team pre-collins that fine. Never thought our fans were this hard-nosed, I think we can all admit that UCF very well could've beaten us even had they not canceled. I am not upset with the fact that people don't agree with them canceling, but to say that's the only reason they are "National champions" and that we would've beaten them, quoting @forensicbuzz . I agree they had an easy schedule, I acknowledge they canceled games, but I think them rescheduling Memphis (a very talented team in 2017) over Maine, shows that they weren't just running from every decent opponent. This years game I think we'll pull out the W, because of Coach Thacker's defense, but in 2017 my money was on UCF because our defense was awful.

Good luck to your team on Saturday!

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow

Tennessee had already beaten us that year, so there's another hole in your reasoning.