The Five Biggest Commits since NSD

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Well, actually, since my post is about King, I stand by it. It is true that a "pro style" QB (whatever that is these days) would have had a hard time with Paul and that Ward might have moved - it could have happened! - to OT, like Klock. But almost all of the WRs Tech recruited under Paul would have wanted to play in a spread and ended up with us.

Maybe King would have ended up with us, maybe not; it would depend on the committable offers he got. But saying that he wanted to play in a shotgun spread wouldn't mean he wouldn't have come to Tech. A simple comparison: King's rating is .8739, Ricky Jeune's was .8609. Not enough difference to make me sit up and take notice, frankly; they're both high threes. And I might point out that our other two recruits are mid-threes. I don't doubt that we'll see some improvement in our overall recruiting rankings this year, but I'd wait until later to make the case.

Yea I’m sure he’d pass up P5 offers as a TE to come to GT to convert to a OL. Doubtful. It’s ok to admit these guys wouldn’t fit the old system.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Not if you count pitches as passes. The most common throw in these offense is the bubble to the perimeter or the smoke off of read option from the gun.

which isn't going to attract 6'4" WRs to sign. It's nice for the smaller guys we had but we still were never seen as a throwing offense under PJ. That's both the perception and the reality and why this kid would have never been recruited by PJ.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
which isn't going to attract 6'4" WRs to sign. It's nice for the smaller guys we had but we still were never seen as a throwing offense under PJ. That's both the perception and the reality and why this kid would have never been recruited by PJ.

Smaller guys?

Adonicas Sanders, 6-5
Darren Waller 6-5
I think our outside recievers averaged about 6-3 under CPJ.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Smaller guys?

Adonicas Sanders, 6-5
Darren Waller 6-5
I think our outside recievers averaged about 6-3 under CPJ.

The "smaller guys" was in reference to the guys running the bubble screens, etc. The WRs weren't running those - they were running the only pass route we had for them: Deep Post Bomb pattern. Those bubbles were mostly to RBs out of the backfield.

https://247sports.com/player/adonicas-sanders-84806/

Adonicas Sanders is 6-1 and has yet to catch a pass for us. That'll surely change under Coach Collins though. I look forward to seeing him get to play as a WR.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Adonicas Sanders is 6-1 and has yet to catch a pass for us. That'll surely change under Coach Collins though. I look forward to seeing him get to play as a WR.

Really looking forward to watching Adonicas in Patenaude's offense. I think he's going to be one the pleasant surprises and big winners of the new offense along with Jair-Hawkins.

Would like to see Peje Harris move to TE. He's a big guy with a good frame.

Stephen Dolphus is an interesting guy. BIG frame, but not sure he's got the speed to play WR...but he's more than fast enough to play TE. Would be a matchup nightmare down the seem. Not quite big enough for a blocking TE, but could be a perfect receiving TE. We certainly need bodies at TE.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
The "smaller guys" was in reference to the guys running the bubble screens, etc. The WRs weren't running those - they were running the only pass route we had for them: Deep Post Bomb pattern. Those bubbles were mostly to RBs out of the backfield.

https://247sports.com/player/adonicas-sanders-84806/

I meant Dolphus I got them mixed up

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
which is ironic since a SPREAD option throws it far more often than we ever did.

Actually, all a spread does is make the defense cover more of the field. What you do out of that spread varies by team. Labeling an offense a SPREAD offense is about as helpful as labeling an offense PRO-STYLE.

That being said, I'm sure we'lee run some sort of RPO/SPREAD/PRO-STYLE Offense with elements of the TRIPLE OPTION and maybe a smattering of the AIR RAID as well.

We have tight ends now. We're gonna be unstoppable! :D:D:D

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yea I’m sure he’d pass up P5 offers as a TE to come to GT to convert to a OL. Doubtful. It’s ok to admit these guys wouldn’t fit the old system.
And Smokey as well …

You guys can't spot a rib when it comes up and bites you on the butt, can you? I wasn't suggesting that Ward would have signed at all. I was just having a little fun comparing him with the TEs (Klock, Barrick) that Paul shunted over to OL positions.

And, in fact, if you look at my posts on the recent signees (you'll have to go to the recruiting threads to see them all; my bad), you'll see that I readily admit that Ward and Gleason wouldn't have signed with us before. We wouldn't have wanted them either.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
And Smokey as well …

You guys can't spot a rib when it comes up and bites you on the butt, can you? I wasn't suggesting that Ward would have signed at all. I was just having a little fun comparing him with the TEs (Klock, Barrick) that Paul shunted over to OL positions.

And, in fact, if you look at my posts on the recent signees (you'll have to go to the recruiting threads to see them all; my bad), you'll see that I readily admit that Ward and Gleason wouldn't have signed with us before. We wouldn't have wanted them either.

So you’re backtracking from the post mentioned but twisting it into we’re dumb because we misinterpreted your all-over-the-place line of thinking. Gotcha. You win man.