The first Tech depth chart since 2018

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
There is an issue with gameday production at GT. It isn't just about what name the PA guy says into the microphone. The sound was horrible at Ole Miss. The starting roster doesn't match reality. Things happen haphazardly. We need to hire a production company to run it like it is a live screened TV show or a Broadway musical. Have those production people verify with the coaches day of game who the starters are.
I'm not downtown anymore and don't get a chance to see how GT prepares for game day production. I have been to Tennessee, Ole Miss and other SEC stadiums to watch games and of course, I live near the stadium at Auburn. Tennessee and Auburn both start game day on Wednesdays ... they will test sound, video, call plays (which is kinda creepy given there is no one in the stadium, but outside, it sounds just like a live game).

I once went to a Tennessee game and followed that with a GT game. Night and day difference. A lot of the stuff Tech uses is purchased/canned music and routines. But the delivery and quality feels a lot more like a high school game than major college football. But it takes money to hire professional event managers and I'm sure that's part of it. I'm pretty impressed with what Tennessee does ... those games are always fun and well-done.