The first Tech depth chart since 2018

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Don’t see black burn on the chart. Also, didn’t Charlie get ejected for targeting last week? I suppose he can still be on top of the depth chart

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Jeff Sims will be interesting to watch. If he steps out of bounds 2 yards short of the first down on 3rd or 4th down, will Key lay into him?

Key is from the school of O'Leary and Saban. He does not suffer fools much like O'Leary and Saban do not...and both had/have ZERO issues giving players and coaches a piece of their mind on the sidelines.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Yes he was but even the first game of the season when he was healthy, Jude Kelly was still the starting kicker.
They announced Stewart as the starting kicker at the Ole Miss game and/or WCU game, but he didn't kick.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
They announced Stewart as the starting kicker at the Ole Miss game and/or WCU game, but he didn't kick.
He had a hamstrings injury. I swear our PA announcer never knows what the **** is going on. There’s been multiple games where he’s announced an injured player as the starter, he did it with Jordan Williams, Stewart, Dylan Leonard, etc. He did it a few times when sims missed that long period of time last year.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
He had a hamstrings injury. I swear our PA announcer never knows what the **** is going on. There’s been multiple games where he’s announced an injured player as the starter, he did it with Jordan Williams, Stewart, Dylan Leonard, etc. He did it a few times when sims missed that long period of time last year.

Actually, the announcer said Jude Kelley but the pic on the screen was of Gavin Stewart.

Edit: Or maybe that's reversed. Either way, the pic didn't match the announcement.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Except it isn't just the PA announcer, the PA announcer was just reading what was given to him. They also had Stewart's picture on the screen.

There is an issue with gameday production at GT. It isn't just about what name the PA guy says into the microphone. The sound was horrible at Ole Miss. The starting roster doesn't match reality. Things happen haphazardly. We need to hire a production company to run it like it is a live screened TV show or a Broadway musical. Have those production people verify with the coaches day of game who the starters are.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Except it isn't just the PA announcer, the PA announcer was just reading what was given to him. They also had Stewart's picture on the screen.

There is an issue with gameday production at GT. It isn't just about what name the PA guy says into the microphone. The sound was horrible at Ole Miss. The starting roster doesn't match reality. Things happen haphazardly. We need to hire a production company to run it like it is a live screened TV show or a Broadway musical. Have those production people verify with the coaches day of game who the starters are.

Should be easier now that we're not guessing anymore with an ATL chart...

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought the offense was supposed to be EFFORT BASED, not Spread Pro-Style.

Did we change schemes? /Sarcasm
The defense was 4-2-5 Effort Based. Now it's just a regular 4-2-5. Effort wasn't working, I guess.

Offense is still a Spread Pro-Style (and has been since he showed up), which literally means nothing. That's just throwing two football words together and adding style at the end. It makes no sense.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
Say what you want about the OL play, it is so refreshing to hear a human give a press conference. No word salad. Just answering questions and no douchery. I think some people will get lit up this week. Kids crave discipline, not a friend. If they can try and play mistake free and keep it within 10 this week, I wonder if we snap out of it. I can’t wait to see the game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jeff Sims will be interesting to watch. If he steps out of bounds 2 yards short of the first down on 3rd or 4th down, will Key lay into him?

Key is from the school of O'Leary and Saban. He does not suffer fools much like O'Leary and Saban do not...and both had/have ZERO issues giving players and coaches a piece of their mind on the sidelines.

No need to lay into him. Just bench him.

We need to develop a backup in this game and also hit the portal hard for next year.

Glad to see Kelley is no longer place kicker. Need portal help there too.