The facts as I see'em

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think we need to recognize that the last 14,000 is largely dependent upon the opposing fanbase. The reason why Mercer and Ga Southern had better crowds than Vandy (despite being austensible smaller games) is that those teams brought fans. We sell out UGA, Clem, and FSU every time because those teams bring fans. Miami, VT and UNC sort of do, so we sometimes sell out for those. Yes, more Tech fans show up for the big games, but I think the opposing fanbase is the biggest difference between a full stadium and not.

Not saying that is how I want it to be, just how it is.

The point is to try and fill the stands with sidewalk fans when it's not Clemson, FSU, uga, etc......in the hopes of making them want to buy tix when Clem, FSU, etc do come so their fans at least have to compete to get a ticket.

LarryMunson

Jolly Good Fellow
It could be as simple as mutts buying the cheap seats in the corners as season tickets. Sell 13 out of 14 game tickets and have a free seat to watch your team in Atlanta

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Has Tech ever offered a free ticket to the season ticket holders for games that we know won't sell out?

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
If they did the $99 cheap seats again I would come and bring 3 with me. Also buy concessions and pay to park... Plus, I would never sell or give a ticket to a mutt

I will say not all GT alum are elitist a but there are an awful lot of em (including some on this forum). I have been a fan of Tech for a long tim and stick by em win or lose. I would love nothing more to have more sidewalk fans but with the attitudes some alumni and administration have i don't think it will happen. It's sad because ugag fans are the worst but sometimes it seems the elitist attitudes give em a run for their money.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I will say not all GT alum are elitist a but there are an awful lot of em (including some on this forum). I have been a fan of Tech for a long tim and stick by em win or lose. I would love nothing more to have more sidewalk fans but with the attitudes some alumni and administration have i don't think it will happen. It's sad because ugag fans are the worst but sometimes it seems the elitist attitudes give em a run for their money.
99.9% of the fans on this board love swf's.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I know they have for the last 2 seasons. Season ticket holder received the free tickets for the Mercer game, you get the same # as the # of tickets you hold. Mine with to my cousin's son and his wife this year.
Okay, how about we give you free tickets to the next non sold out game for your cousin's son and his wife and we'll put them on the mailing lists.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Okay, how about we give you free tickets to the next non sold out game for your cousin's son and his wife and we'll put them on the mailing lists.

They just got married less than a year ago, he's on the phone to GTAA today buying 2 Flex pack tickets that he will convert to season tickets next year :D

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Boys the Biggest hire in years is the next AD.....
I certainly hope this one has a full range of experience and does not sign on short-term for GT to get "football" on his resume before sprinting out of town ... to a mediocre football school.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
When I was in highschool, I took a tour of the Textile Engineering facilities (which no longer exists) on a Saturday morning just to get a free ticket to the Clemson game that day. I sat in the old horseshoe endzone (which no longer exists) and needed binoculars just to see the action right in front of me. Ahh, the good ol' days...

BDS (1983) jam packed with screaming yellow jacket fans!!!

BobbyDodd1983.jpg

Sat there as a kid myself. Seems like I saw Tulane, Rice, and a couple of others.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
The point is to try and fill the stands with sidewalk fans when it's not Clemson, FSU, uga, etc......in the hopes of making them want to buy tix when Clem, FSU, etc do come so their fans at least have to compete to get a ticket.
Agree 100%!

There are thousands of CFB fans in the Atlanta area with nothing to do on any given Saturday. Get them in the stands and who knows. Maybe they become fans.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
1. We haven't really beaten anybody noteworthy. BC, Mercer and Vandy are very bad. However all you can do is win the games you play.
2. Losing to Clemson would not be a nightmare, there are bigger games ahead against division opponents. Playing well is important however.
3. JT looks good. #41 for Vandy is a good player and at least twice JT made him look bad. His ball security so far this year has been outstanding and no throws or pitches into a crowd as he did last year. He has been getting rid of the ball safely when need be.
4. Oline has potential and Braun was awesome yesterday. He really was coming off the ball and putting some people backwards. Bryan was getting chewed on some. Good to have some competition up there unlike last year when they played bad, there was not any options.
5. The jury is out on pass defense. Pass rush looks weak. I really believe some of the dline playing 2nd team deserve a shot to play more. Simmons has played better than the two de starters. Gamble is a tough run stopper but Henderson has played better than the other dlineman. Adams has potential as a run stopper. Secondary untested as of yet but nobody will stop a top passing offense without pressure on QB. I never forget on who plays that coaches evaluate players every day not just Saturday. They know more than all of us.
6. The lbackers do not impress. Davis is tough but the others get blocked too often and have shown a weakness of standing in the zone frozen instead of seeing the receiver.
7. Mills has been tough and has tremendous potential.
8. Lots of what look to be good young players on offense in Mills, Searcy, Camp, Braun and even Marshall the junior on the oline.
9. Need some wins to sell more tickets. Crowd on tv looked weak yesterday.
10. Keep wearing the throwback unis.
I don't do x and o, though I envy those who can. But what I know I saw in the Vanderbilt and BC game was a Justin Thomas who wanted to be on the field. I did not get that impression much last season. That is a terrific attitude to impart to teammates, and it really sucks when your QB doesn't have it. This alone gives me optimism.