The Citadel

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to see FCS games not count toward NC / playoff consideration, but continue to count as a win for bowl eligibility. That would force the upper levels of the P5 to stop playing them but still allow the lower levels the opportunity as well allow the FCS schools a pay day. Ever since the Delaware St. / U of Mich. disgrace, I have lost any respect for the P5 playing them and would love to see them stopped. However, until they do, I see think it is wise to take advantage of the situation

hope you meant appalachain state and not Delaware state. also, North Dakota State is 7-0 in their last 7 against FBS.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
That 2018 opener in Tampa against USF is likely to be a real challenge. Love that I get to watch the bees in Tampa...the stadium is less than 3 miles from my house.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
GT already schedules according to Big Ten guidelines on any practical level, with one Power 5 opponent every year (Uga) and two other non-Power 5 opponents (usually someone like Tulane or Central Florida or Georgia Southern) plus one FCS team (Jacksonville State or The Citadel). To be honest, I think the FCS teams we play are often better teams than the non Power 5 teams. Do you really think Idaho is so much different than The Citadel? North Dakota State will never get the chance to embarrass the Big Ten again (like they did this year by beating Iowa) because of these new guidelines (and I suspect that had something to do with the new rules).

Actually, our goal is to play two pwr 5, a G5, and an FCS out of conference. For example, this year we played Vandy and georgie (pwr5), GS (G5), and Mercer (FCS). Last year, ND was a quasi Pwr5 team. Finding a pwr5 team willing to schedule us out of conference isn't easy.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Finding a pwr5 team willing to schedule us out of conference isn't easy.
...see views of new AD about opponents. In a way I don't blame them since the offense is completely different from anything they will see all year, but after all they are supposed to be big boys and should come out and play.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
That 2018 opener in Tampa against USF is likely to be a real challenge. Love that I get to watch the bees in Tampa...the stadium is less than 3 miles from my house.
I think it depends on what happens with their coaching staff. Willie Taggart is coming up as a name for some of the open P5 jobs. Things can change pretty quick especially at the G5 schools where recruiting and coaching is a lot less stable. They were a pretty solid team this year though.