The best thing CGC has done

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I do have a legitimate question re Dontae Smith. In one of the other threads I read where he is the strongest runner, but not nearly as good of a pass blocker.
Not sure about that. He put a defensive player on his butt on the first series 3rd down pass.

Smith in my opinion is the best running back in the room. And agree he should be getting at least 20 carries.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I do have a legitimate question re Dontae Smith. In one of the other threads I read where he is the strongest runner, but not nearly as good of a pass blocker. Could his lack of snaps be due to the fact we were forced into far more passing situations early in game?

I hadn't thought of this but it is a possibility. He has graded the lowest of our RBs for pass blocking per PFF so that may indeed be the case.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
To my eyes Smith is the only RB so far this year who has looked like a P5 level starter. Neither McDuffie, nor Hall have looked like that to me.

It appears the RB room is down significantly in talent compared to last year. Gibbs/Mason/Smith looks alot better so far than Smith/McDuffie/Hall.