The Best of: Linebacker

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
1 Ted Roof but if we include non Tech LB's it would be Tommy Nobis, the best there ever was I think.
2 Tiggle knocking down the 3rd down pass late in the 4th qtr at UVA in 1990 to force them to settle for a FG
3 I have a friend that just retired from the Air Force. He played for Citadel against us in 1978 and made a few tackles.

oldgold1771

Georgia Tech Fan
Phillip Wheller
D Smith pick 6 against ugag 00 or B Jefferson slam Knowshon 08
dont remember name but BYU LB seemed to make every play a few yrs a go at their place. Perryman from the U a few yrs ago.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
1. Lucius Sanford
2. Phillip Wheeler Dominating UGA in Athens, best player on the field
3. Does Cash at Duke count, he was not LB but played a LB role against Tech's offense?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
1. Lucius Sanford, one of the hardest hitters I've ever seen!
2. Brant Mitchell's INT vs Clemson, unbelievably athletic play by a true freshman!
3. I'll have to ponder on this one!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
1. Larry Morris - the Brahma Bull, A-A, and MVP in NFLCG.
2. Darryl Smith's pick 6
3. The first one that comes to mind is the guy named Morgan from UM against us a few years ago & Lee Roy Jordan from bama.

1. Keith Brooking
2. Ron Rogers pick to end the UNC shoot out.
3. Truett Moss II vs UTC in 91 season I believe. He and I are good friends and it was fun to watch him play at Bobby Dodd.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Favorite: Multiple choices: Phillip Wheeler, Keith Brooking, K Hall among others
Best Play: Darryl Smith's pick six against UGA
Best opposing linebacker: Sturdivent and Bruce Smith of UNC, the line backer from the U that was so fast oh yeah, Sean Spence, Denzil Perryman from the U, that UGA linebacker that was such a stud back in 2012 or so, can't remember his name but he was very good.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Phillip Wheller
D Smith pick 6 against ugag 00 or B Jefferson slam Knowshon 08
dont remember name but BYU LB seemed to make every play a few yrs a go at their place. Perryman from the U a few yrs ago.

The linebacker your are referring to is Kyle Van Noy, the guy was all over the field in that game

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
1. Brad Jefferson
2. Brant's pick 6 against VA Tech because I got to see myself on TV.
image.jpeg

3. Every starting Line Backer from Notre Dame 2015, stuffed us almost every time.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
1. Phillip Wheeler....although, I've got a pretty good feeling about Brandt Mitchell...Daryl Smith was another special one
2. The block by Gary Guyton against VT. Gladiator against Knowshow was another good one.
3. Van Noy was pretty good. EJ Henderson at Maryland was another one who ate Gailey for lunch.

1 Ted Roof but if we include non Tech LB's it would be Tommy Nobis, the best there ever was I think.
2 Tiggle knocking down the 3rd down pass late in the 4th qtr at UVA in 1990 to force them to settle for a FG
3 I have a friend that just retired from the Air Force. He played for Citadel against us in 1978 and made a few tackles.
Yes on Calvin Tiggle. Maxie Baughan was a great linebacker and started at center on offense.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
well dang, my gray hair seeped in on this one! thanks :ROFLMAO:

and you're right he was one the best in the modern game!
I had to look it up. We just missed him, twice. Looks like he was at BC 09-11 and the last 2 times we played them was 08 and 12

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Lucius Sanford
single play- Darryl Smith's pick 6 vs UG, 2000. Best game, Ted Roof vs UT in Knoxville 1985, or Pat Swilling vs NCSU in Raleigh 1985.
Aundray Bruce, Auburn 1987. IIRC, he played a DE/OLB combo in that game.