The Best of: Linebacker

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Darryl Smith and Keyaron Fox vs. Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown...stuffed them the entire game...amazing performance...
Yep ... I'd have to go with those two as well. And, the play I remember most was them just demolishing the FSU RB who had been getting all sorts of hype (can't remember his name). I remember CJT in the meeting room talking the guy up, saying he's probably the best RB in the country. Key and Darryl gave him a night of misery. Also remember PJ Daniels running for a long TD in that game, and Dennis Davis getting a pick that should've sealed the win. I still don't know how we actually lost that game.

Ok, for opponents, I'd probably have to go with whichever Fuller brother gave us so much heck as a CB playing LB in 2013.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep ... I'd have to go with those two as well. And, the play I remember most was them just demolishing the FSU RB who had been getting all sorts of hype (can't remember his name). I remember CJT in the meeting room talking the guy up, saying he's probably the best RB in the country. Key and Darryl gave him a night of misery. Also remember PJ Daniels running for a long TD in that game, and Dennis Davis getting a pick that should've sealed the win. I still don't know how we actually lost that game.

Ok, for opponents, I'd probably have to go with whichever Fuller brother gave us so much heck as a CB playing LB in 2013.
"A night of misery "....great line!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Would add two linebacker memories. L. Sanford his freshman year, first game of the season, on goal line stand knocked a Notre Dame runner on his back before he even knew what hit him. Took runner awhile to get up. Another fond memory would be a TV game in 1968 against TCU. They had a running back who was projected to be an All American (Montgomery?) who was unusually large for a RB in those days (230?) and Tech stuffed him all day long.

Opposing linebackers are memories that I tend to block out. Could be any number of players from Notre Dame, Miami or Georgia.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
1.Maxie Baughn--both ways! 2.Roof
2.D Smith int vs uga
3.the NCst LB who feasted on us a few yrs ago at Tech,we lost 42-28?,Russell Wilson was their QB I believe

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I was there for that....so awesome, gotta go with it as best LB play.....it just crushed the mutts in the stands. This thread is kinda like asking which of my kids is my favorite though. I love em all equally. Sanford was before my time but might have been our best LB ever. Smith and Fox our best duo, both are strong candidates on their own as best individual LB.

Probably go with MD's Henderson.

Milwaukee

Banned
- Philip Wheeler
- Gerris Wilkinson's pick @ Auburn or Gary Guyton's scoop and score in Blacksburg
- you all named the best ones already, but the white boy from Iowa gave us fits as well, they played him 7-8yds off the LOS

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
1. Daryl Smith
2. Can we go with Daryl Smith and Key Fox 2003 against Auburn? That Auburn team was stacked that year and they put on one of the best Linebacking duo games I've ever seen us have.
3. I try to tune these out

GTFLETCH

Banned
Keith Brookings
Brant Mitchell pick 6 or Daryl Smith against Auburn (I really like Brant Mitchell)
No comment...However what was the issue with PJ Davis down in Miami a few years back...was he wanting to fight or did he fight after the game..

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
GT All-Time:
  1. Favorite Linebacker
  2. Favorite Single LB Play
  3. Best Opposing LB Performance
1. George Morris (Dodd's best player, according to Coach Dodd)
2. Daryl Smith's pick 6 vs. UGA
3. Lawrence Taylor (vs. UNC 1981, their last ACC Football Championship)