The balance of 2016

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We're right there with everyone else in the division, except I think the offense is right on the cusp of being very good. We will beat Duke Saturday, so we'll be 5-3.

Carolina: I'd say Carolina will be around a 7-9 pt. favorite, but we'll run all day on them, and let's remember they have a nice record, but they lost to a bad UGA team and have two wins on the last play of the game.

Virginia Tech: This game is interesting to me, because we almost always play them early. It's different to a) play them later in the season when our offense might be clicking, and b) on a regular week as opposed to a Thursday when they have a week and a half to prepare. They'll be tough, but anyone who loses to Syracuse can lose to us.

UVA: I think we'll win this one.

UGA: Say anything you want, but we're winning this game. Period.

Overall, I'd say the odds of winning out are around 1 in 8, but I would not be shocked to see us rip off four of five to close this sucker out.

I agree, but I'm less confident about georgie. Statistics, as of now, suggest we should be favorites, but I think their biggest problems are not talent/scheme but mental/team. Rivalry game and needing a win to go bowling could solve that.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I agree, but I'm less confident about georgie. Statistics, as of now, suggest we should be favorites, but I think their biggest problems are not talent/scheme but mental/team. Rivalry game and needing a win to go bowling could solve that.
I can understand that, but I think if you changed the logo on their helmet to, say, Oklahoma State, everyone would think that's a game we should win. I get that logos do matter some, but I also think we are really close to being a pretty good (say, bottom quartile top 25) team.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I can understand that, but I think if you changed the logo on their helmet to, say, Oklahoma State, everyone would think that's a game we should win. I get that logos do matter some, but I also think we are really close to being a pretty good (say, bottom quartile top 25) team.

I think that's what I said.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
AE87, most times you post pretty cogent ideas, but this time both you and Jonas are way offbase with predictions regardingour remaining games.Tech may win 2 games, Virginia, Duke.

Whatever, dude. His post highlighted facts for the optimistic side and ended by saying odds of winning out are 1 in 8. Yeah, that's technically still optimistic, but it's not like he's saying, "We got this in every game,"

Did you predict vpi getting beat by cuse or cu having to push to get to OT vs NCSt? If not, relax and enjoy being a fan.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Dude. If we go 6-6 or 7-5 but that includes a win over uga. I am happy as heck and hopefully paul fixes his program in the offseason

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We can reasonably beat every team remaining. I do see VT as toughest. I think we are better than UGA. We were in 09 too though IMO. Vs the mutts I think we will focus on stopping the rush. If we don't pressure the QB some in the process we probably lose. I think we will and win close in that one barring turnover margin.

I see 3-2 finish most likely but 4-1 is doable. Duke and VT the toughest remaining.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We can reasonably beat every team remaining. I do see VT as toughest. I think we are better than UGA. We were in 09 too though IMO. Vs the mutts I think we will focus on stopping the rush. If we don't pressure the QB some in the process we probably lose. I think we will and win close in that one barring turnover margin.

I see 3-2 finish most likely but 4-1 is doable. Duke and VT the toughest remaining.

You think duke at home is tougher than unc on the road? For me unc game is tougher than duke at home.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
@33jacket
I think Duke is a better team than UNC. We shall see. I think being at home helps us certainly.

Unc is starting to play solid ball; imo starting to peak....and we suck at keenan stadium....

Btw. Imo our toughest three are all road games. Which sucks. I wish one of those was home. But unc vt and uga all not historically kind to tech almost regardless of what team they throw out there.

I actually think today, uga is more winnable than vt or unc. Shocked....but may be true.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Unc is starting to play solid ball; imo starting to peak....and we suck at keenan stadium....

Btw. Imo our toughest three are all road games. Which sucks. I wish one of those was home. But unc vt and uga all not historically kind to tech almost regardless of what team they throw out there.

I actually think today, uga is more winnable than vt or unc. Shocked....but may be true.

I won't be surprised if your analysis proves more correct than mine on this. The only reason I'd agree UGA will be one of three toughest is due to venue and nature of rivalry. They aren't impressing much at the moment but they have talent so can't be taken lightly.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I won't be surprised if your analysis proves more correct than mine on this. The only reason I'd agree UGA will be one of three toughest is due to venue and nature of rivalry. They aren't impressing much at the moment but they have talent so can't be taken lightly.

Oh for sure i am with u. Uga will be one of the toughest. On the road. Our poor history. And the fact is they have talent. Def top 3. Maybe top 2.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
@33jacket
I think Duke is a better team than UNC. We shall see. I think being at home helps us certainly.

You are one of the few who think that. there is no way we are a 7 point favorite over UNC. We will be a 7 point dog. The scary thing about UNC is that their defense is playing better. That is almost like the VT defense finally getting an offense to go with it. Throw in that we do better against the run than pass and UNC is a bad matchup.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Unless our defense improves, our offense will have to play near perfect for us to win games. It can happen, but we have not yet shown any signs of being *that* efficient on offense.

If we continue to play the way we have been playing, we will win one more game (likely UVa).

We could improve and win 3 more games....but it would take positive change from what we have so far shown on the field.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I think we are closer talent-wise than a lot of people think, maybe with the exception of the DL.
Lack of experience, injuries and making stupid mistakes not playing well all sound like excuses, but I think there is some merit.
IMO, besides @VT with Bud Foster, there is no reason to think we can't win these games.
I think there is a lot of parity in the ACC, especially in the middle of the pack, who knows we are certainly due for things to start turning our way.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I believe there is no game GT can toss its hat in and win. VT has a solid defense and always plays GT's offense well... That is going to be a tough game. Duke has the next best defense FEI in our remaining lineup. The Duke game will shadow the Vandy game with a defences that knows us better. UNC FEI is close to Pitt. I would expect the UNC game to play similar to our Pitt game... Hopefully with a different ending. UVA and uga don't have a top defense or offense.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Whatever, dude. His post highlighted facts for the optimistic side and ended by saying odds of winning out are 1 in 8. Yeah, that's technically still optimistic, but it's not like he's saying, "We got this in every game,"

Did you predict vpi getting beat by cuse or cu having to push to get to OT vs NCSt? If not, relax and enjoy being a fan.
Ha! lol, this is Tech football, hard to relax and enjoy.