The All CPJ-GT Offense

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Allen has to be 2nd team BB and first team AB.

Days was better than Laskey. Honestly Mills, Marshall, Benson, Mason, and Howard are all better than Laskey. Laskey and Sims are interchangeable.

Connor

Georgia Tech Fan
1st and second string for position players:

Quarterback: Justin Thomas, Josh Nesbitt
BBack: Jonathan Dwyer, Anthony Allen
ABack: Roddy Jones, Robert Godhigh
ABack: Clinton Lynch, Orwin Smith
WR: Bey-Bey Thomas, Darren Waller
WR: Deondre Smelter, Ricky Jeune

It feels like Clinton Lynch has been at GT for 6+ years... one of those names that bleeds into the ~2010 season. ;)

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
JfN might be 1st team QB in my book, but is definitely 2nd team if not 1st. I understand people appreciated Tevin, but I still think he held us back from a couple more 9-10 win seasons if we had a top notch QB like JfN or JeT

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
1 Team
QB: JT
BB: Jon Dwyer
AB's: Orwin Smith, Robbie Godhigh
WR's: Bay Bay, Smelter
Tackles: Gardner, Parker Braun (Parker could be dominant at Tackle so get your best 5 on the field)
Guards: Shaq, Uzzi
Center: Burden

2 Team
QB: Nesbitt
BB: Allen
AB's: Lynch (pre-injury), Snoddy (pre-injury)
WR's: Hill, Waller
Tackles: Morgan Bailey (pre-injury), Trey Braun (again, get your best 5 on the field)
Guards: Cord Howard, Adam Gotsis (could probably be 1st team) (call it cheating if you want, I call it winning)
Center: Kenny Cooper

Hardest decision was whether to move Allen to AB and get LasDayskey on the field at BB.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
QB - Josh Nesbitt ( All time Favorite player, signed my jersey and hat at my first fan day will never forget it.)
BB - Jonathan Dwyer
AB1 - Orwin Smith
AB2 - Roddy Jones
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Deandre Smelter

2nd Team
QB - Justin Thomas
BB - Dedrick Mills
AB1 - Robert Godhigh
AB2 - Embry Peeples
WR - Stephen Hill
WR - Darren Waller

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Interesting to see how many people are picking Waller over Jeune. Not that I definitely disagree - Waller was like a mutant and looked unstoppable at times - but it's interesting.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Interesting to see how many people are picking Waller over Jeune. Not that I definitely disagree - Waller was like a mutant and looked unstoppable at times - but it's interesting.
It is interesting; probably because he was part of the 2014 magic. TBH though, I forgot about Jeune. How could I remember Morgan Bailey and forget Jeune?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Waller vs Jeune was a difficult one. I went with Waller because he produced complimentary to Smelter as well as being THE guy. Most of our WR’s have only managed to really produce being the sole guy. He was also quite underated as a blocker.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
JfN might be 1st team QB in my book, but is definitely 2nd team if not 1st. I understand people appreciated Tevin, but I still think he held us back from a couple more 9-10 win seasons if we had a top notch QB like JfN or JeT

Having just an average defense held us back during Tevin's time. He directed some of CPJ's best offenses at GT. I've said it many times, had Tevin played with a decent defense during his time, the narrative about him would be different.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Regarding Tevin:
2010 Losses:
10 points vs Miami
34 points @ uga (offense did fine and Anthony Allen was a machine)
7 points Air Force

2011 Losses:
21 points @ UVA
7 points @ Miami
26 points vs VT (acceptable but shutout in the 4th)
17 points vs uga
27 points Utah (acceptable although 7 came from pick 6)

2012 Losses:
17 @ VT
36 vs Miami (perfect)
28 vs MTSU (acceptable considering defense sucked)
31 @ Clemson (no problem)
17 vs BYU (14 of which where a pick 6 and KO return for TD)

2012 Losses splitting time with Vad:
10 @ uga
15 FSU

Tevin did fine but he wasn't a world beater by any means.

flygtfly

Georgia Tech Fan
Allen has to be 2nd team BB and first team AB.

Days was better than Laskey. Honestly Mills, Marshall, Benson, Mason, and Howard are all better than Laskey. Laskey and Sims are interchangeable.

Laskey was a 2000 + yard rusher and rarely lost yards and had like 3 career fumbles all in 13 career starts according to the team website. . Hard to say that these guys were better than Laskey if you look at numbers.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Knew that would be controversial. Tevin's mostly better by the numbers and didn't have the players Josh had. But Josh is a legend in a way Tevin isn't.
Probably too hasty to call that a lock.
I’m sorry but JfN is the reason why we grinded out some wins. Dude was an absolute beast.