The 2016-2017 season starts now...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think we may need to start looking into an intervention for @dtm1997

Didn't I stage an intervention for him last year or was that Peac? Either way, you're definitely right. When I saw him marginally suggest we might be a landing spot for MJ Walker I got scared. Totally out of character. :(

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I enjoy turning interventions to my favor and bringing everyone down to the real with me

So you've been the subject of quite a few I gather? :cigar: Get it together, Peac.

Anyways, back on topic, CBSSports has done an interesting 'United States of College Basketball' thing where they rank the best teams in each state. I think this may have been posted before but I don't care.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...tball-2016-17-every-states-rankings-champion/

Picked the dawgs #1 in the state which an objective fan can certainly see being the case.
The rest of the state

124. Georgia State
154. Mercer
173. Georgia Southern
197. Kennesaw State
218. Georgia Tech
349. Savannah State

Seeing this pecking order and I'm like ... ok, we could be bad but we're not worse than GaSouth or Kennesaw are we? I mean, really? Just on raw talent alone we should be better than that.

I mean, CPast isn't Greg Popovich but he's not without coaching acumen. He has a good staff. I'm thinking we'll be better than people think.

Maybe it's season-onset euphoria (clinical term) setting in but ... frick it, I'm looking forward to us shocking some folks. Who's with me?!?! :rage:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So you've been the subject of quite a few I gather? :cigar: Get it together, Peac.

Anyways, back on topic, CBSSports has done an interesting 'United States of College Basketball' thing where they rank the best teams in each state. I think this may have been posted before but I don't care.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...tball-2016-17-every-states-rankings-champion/

Picked the dawgs #1 in the state which an objective fan can certainly see being the case.

Seeing this pecking order and I'm like ... ok, we could be bad but we're not worse than GaSouth or Kennesaw are we? I mean, really? Just on raw talent alone we should be better than that.

I mean, CPast isn't Greg Popovich but he's not without coaching acumen. He has a good staff. I'm thinking we'll be better than people think.

Maybe it's season-onset euphoria (clinical term) setting in but ... frick it, I'm looking forward to us shocking some folks. Who's with me?!?! :rage:

giphy.gif

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Yeah. Sorry @kg01

It's going to be so bad. There going to be heavy heated discussion on this site in January/February.

Someone's going to attack pastner and get destroyed.
Someone's going to attack some players and get destroyed
Someone will still be overly optimistic when we going 9-3 or whatever during OOC play and I'll probably go after them.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah. Sorry @kg01

It's going to be so bad. There going to be heavy heated discussion on this site in January/February.

Someone's going to attack pastner and get destroyed.
Someone's going to attack some players and get destroyed
Someone will still be overly optimistic when we going 9-3 or whatever during OOC play and I'll probably go after them.

I feel like the guy who stormed out of work thinking everybody else would join him in protest. Only I ended up being the only one yelling, "Attica! Attica!" :oops:

I still believe tho.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
PossePartner on the Hive found this video.
it's Jared Dudley (former BC standout) talking to Justin Moore the day before he leaves to go to Atlanta.

Talking about developing a floater because college players are better about taking a charge:

"...the white guys...Duke..." BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Even Jared effin' Dudley knows going to school in Atlanta is fun. ATLANTA IS FUNNNNN!!!! (<-- in case out of state recruits are reading this.)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Talking about developing a floater because college players are better about taking a charge:

"...the white guys...Duke..." BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Even Jared effin' Dudley knows going to school in Atlanta is fun. ATLANTA IS FUNNNNN!!!! (<-- in case out of state recruits are reading this.)

Yeah, that made me chuckle. But I thought he said "... black guys ... white guys ..." as in all them Duke dudes takin' charges.

Also loved the comments re. "that city" being fun.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
OK like I always used to say about this time of the year when Chan Gailey was the football coach. It's Basketball Season!!!

Baseball season starts in 3 months...

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Team Rankings has updated for the upcoming season: https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets/

Some of the highlights:

Projected Record: 13-18 (4-14)

NCAA Tourney Odds: 3.9%

Toughest Games:
1/4 Duke Away 1.0%
1/21 Virginia Away 4.8%
3/4 Syracuse Away 5.6%
12/7 VCU Away 11.4%
1/15 NC State Away 11.6%
2/1 Clemson Away 11.8%
2/15 Miami (FL) Away 12.8%
1/18 VA Tech Away 13.9%