The 2016-2017 season starts now...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I've got no misconceptions about how tough this season is going to be. We're definitely going to see a lot of struggles.

However, I've got a feeling like we're going to see the kids play fun with effort. So I've got a smile on my face as we kick off practice and a new era today.

Go Jackets!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Man, I'm like a kid in a basketball candy store. No matter how bleak things may/may not look, I'm always excited for the start of a Jackets season.

I've resigned myself to not get overly excited (or down) w.r.t. wins/losses. This year is about competing and building (i.e. growth). As long as I see both, I can dig it.

Please understand, this is not acceptance of mediocrity. It's merely an acknowledgment of where we are and where we're coming from. (I may make this my sig for the season)

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I can't wait. I know this year is going to be tough, but I am optimistic about the future. I think CJP's style is going to be fun to watch.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My goals for the team this year are that we be competitive with the teams in the middle of the ACC standings. We have to be careful to set realistic expectations. Q and Tadric could both get hot one night when the stars are in perfect alignment for us beat a pretty decent team, but I cannot see that as anything more than wishful thinking.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Will watch each game that I can. Will root for GT.
I have tempered my expectations for this season so that I will not be disappointed.