That's A Wrap...

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
7-6 for the season, a very dissapointing end for our seniors.

I have to watch this one again, but my first impression is we executed very poorly.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Yeah that one hurt. Another 7 win year sucks.

Need to finish this recruiting year strong.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Surprised that the reporter said that CPJ said the results of this game wouldn't impact/effect recruiting! Eric what was the logic on the timing of the last play that resulted in a safety? How will he defend/justify that call?

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
Shades of the Orange Bowl on that safety. We seized all the momentum in that game and threw it away on two plays. Why would he call a reverse when he just saw that theirs didn't work? There was no need for such a gamble. The passing and running were working fine in the 4th quarter.

gtdrew

Banned
From an x-o standpoint, im sure he'd say he called because he thought the defense was over-persuing and they thought they could get it blocked. It was in the WAY wrong part of the field for that call, however...

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
There definitely needs to be changes in O-line coaching for next year. They haven't been able to block, Vad doesn't look like an option quarterback.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
I was disappointed in the backfield blocking that exposed Lee to a fast rush and I also questioned some of the play calling/execution, especially on the razzle dazzle that resulted in a safety. It didn't help that Miss actually benefited from a delay penalty. But to the positive side, our guys played with a ton of heart and if they continue doing that all through next season, some good things are gonna happen. Another thing to look forward to is that the sophomore jinx will be over for Vad. His long touchdown pass to Waller was a thing of beauty. He has shown that given a little time to throw, he can lay the ball right in there. Now if he will just work on the option and QB keeper during the off season....

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan
Very gut-wrenching. The hardest part for me to swallow was that (except for the int, 1-play 72 yard td pass) we just couldn't get it together on both sides of the ball, in tandem, to play with any momentum.

And I agree, watching David Sims get repeatedly whipped was frustrating. Just another cog in the chain of events making Vad back pedal and throw off his back foot.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
7-6 for the season, a very dissapointing end for our seniors.

I have to watch this one again, but my first impression is we executed very poorly.
AGree with you neither side did all that well but we made ton of mistakes........oh well now the heat on PJ is turned up

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Post-game presser:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/gtathletics/13123001.mp3

Let me take a quick second here to remind everyone that personal attacks are not allowed. You think someone missed a play or two or five? Critical comment about those plays are fine. If you make a comment solely against the person that made those mistakes, that's when it becomes a personal attack.

And please, no trolling. :bored:

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
In the offensive line's defense there were several times when Vad continued to retreat rather than stepping up in the pocket and making a good throw. Those back foot throws kill us. That's not to say that the line executed well, but Vad could have helped the pass protection in that regard.

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan
I think Jeremiah had a sack (not solo) along with the help of Gotsis. Does this count towards Attaochu's sack record? Would this put him in the lead at GT for sacks?

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
My first post on this site not cutting anyone down but folks there is nothing wrong with CPJ except he just needs BETTER PLAYERS !!!

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Well. My take on the game is that the team with the best football players won the game. That is usually what happens.

Eric is correct, need to finish this recruiting on the upswing.