Thank Goodness for the SWARM

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by OldJacketFan, Sep 29, 2013.

1. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

While all of us on here were in no way happy about Thursday night the postings on here are far more realistic than I've seen on any of the other Tech sports sites. I'm not sure I've ever seen the kind of whining and self flagellation that has been occurring on these other sites. Thanks to all of my fellow fans on here for keeping it sane!

2. Sean311

Sean311 Helluva Engineer

If we beat miami I think everyone would take back what they said about Thursday pretty fast...

IronJacket7 and poodleface like this.
  3. Tempest_12

Tempest_12 Ramblin' Wreck

The knee jerk reaction is pretty strong in our fan base unfortunately...

John, SoCal_GT_Fan and IronJacket7 like this.
  4. poodleface

poodleface Ramblin' Wreck

I've stayed pretty optimistic outwardly, but it is tough to watch your team losing to the same handful of teams year after year... after witnessing that VT game I know how the UNC fans feel about their recent play against GT.

5. SoCal_GT_Fan

SoCal_GT_Fan Ramblin' Wreck

GUYS!!!!! I'm at fault here!

The only game that's televised here that I watched and we lose!

Coincidence!?!? I don't think so!!!!!!

I will not watch another game again from here on end!!!!!!!!!!!!! (as long as we keep winning)

6. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

Dang you!

7. Sean311

Sean311 Helluva Engineer

Before last Thursday every GT game I've been to they've won..I think the 1st game I went to was the uga game in 2008..so ya ill blame it on you

8. kg01

kg01 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Don't be too hard on yourself. I share some blame too.

Was outta town on business and had the chance to come home earlier that day. Decided to stay so I could comfortably (or so I thought) watch the game (and thus avoid honey-do list). Obviously that game was my punishment. My bad y'all.

IronJacket7 likes this.
  9. SoCal_GT_Fan

SoCal_GT_Fan Ramblin' Wreck

Well, I did tell you guys everything.

I saw the first two drives and then a little bit of the drive where Butker kicks the field goal before I had to eat dinner (no TV policy in my house during dinner time).

Turn the TV on afterwards, and the score is 17-10. Ecstatic that we are only down by 7 pts. :D

Don't score after turning the TV back on........... :cry:

So in conclusion: GT scored 10 pts while I was eating dinner and putting kids into bath and etc. GT scores 0 pts when I was watching the game and I got to watch all 17 pts scored by VaTech. :banghead:

I will just wait to watch the complete GT games on youtube from now on end. :cry::hungover::sorry::dead:

bat_082994 and IronJacket7 like this.
  10. IronJacket7

Never watch another GT game as long as you live please. :sneaky:

11. IronJacket7

At my house, we have a can't move seats policy. If GT is winning or playing well then you have to stay in the same seat for the rest of the game or you get stoned to death by the masses.

12. IronJacket7

I hope your honey doo list is a mile long after what you put me through.

heeled soul and kg01 like this.
  13. kg01

kg01 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

I deserve that.

I thought I was getting away with the perfect crime. Then all of a sudden "false start", "false start", bad snap, fumble, "false start", Logan Thomas for Heisman ... :wtf:

SoCal_GT_Fan and IronJacket7 like this.
  14. OldJacketFan

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys for the humor, it's good to see most of us haven't lost the ability to step back and laugh a little. On some of the other sites you'd think the fan base suffered the loss of..............................hell I don't what they'd lost to act like they're doing!

awbuzz and poodleface like this.
  15. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

What other sites? ;)

16. OldJacketFan

awbuzz, the AJC comes to mind immediately. There are a couple of others but I'll refrain from mentioning them. I used to read them often until the SWARM came along, now I pop in on occasion but I don't want to deal with some of the immaturity and trolling I see on them. A healthy discussion is good for the mind and soul but that rarely happens on those sites. :)

Bruce Wayne and SoCal_GT_Fan like this.
  17. Dustman

Dustman Helluva Engineer

Ken S. does a great job covering the Jackets on AJC but the comments are a train wreck. I always regret when I read them.

SoCal_GT_Fan, GTJason and poodleface like this.
  18. OldJacketFan

I very much appreciate the work Ken puts in and there some posters there that are enjoyable to read but a whole more that are just trolls.

SoCal_GT_Fan and Dustman like this.
  19. Kcsunshine

Kcsunshine Jolly Good Fellow

Yes I totally agree- the comments to Ken's GT news on AJC is always filled with UGAG trolls. Put down the crack pipe.

Dustman likes this.
  20. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

Oh man dunno how you guys read ANY comments on AJC without considering throwing yourself off the roof.

bat_082994 and Dustman like this.