Texas vs Bama (Choice vs Gibbs)

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Texas got absolutely screwed out of that safety…that might go down as one of the worst calls of the year. If you didn’t see it live, I don’t even know how to describe how bad that sequence was…just abysmal.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
Texas got absolutely screwed out of that safety…that might go down as one of the worst calls of the year. If you didn’t see it live, I don’t even know how to describe how bad that sequence was…just abysmal.
He threw the ball before he was down. The ball hit a defensive player in the head 2 feet away. You can’t call grounding because of that. Why would that be a safety?

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
Texas' defensive line looks really good. Alabama's WR corps isn't anything like it's been the last decade.

Texas should be up big, but have been hindered by the QB injuries. They need to put this in the endzone to win this game...you can't let Bama hang around.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow, Bama getting beat worse than 6 down before the go ahead drive.
1662836050658.png

Then Gibbs reception for a TD!!!! Saban is a good coach (duh).

GT33

Helluva Engineer
He threw the ball before he was down. The ball hit a defensive player in the head 2 feet away. You can’t call grounding because of that. Why would that be a safety?
You can't legally throw a ball to where none of your eligible receivers are to avoid a sack unless you're outside the tackle box and pass the line fo scrimmage. It was clear intentional grounding in the endzone which is a safety. They blew it.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Refs absolutely ****ed Texas in this game. I feel bad that they were playing against Bama and the refs. Should have been a safety, and on the sack escape by Bryce Young the right tackle CLEARLY held the defender and it wasn't called right in front of the ref.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Refs absolutely ****ed Texas in this game. I feel bad that they were playing against Bama and the refs. Should have been a safety, and on the sack escape by Bryce Young the right tackle CLEARLY held the defender and it wasn't called right in front of the ref.
nvm. missed the part u said at the end

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Texas playing the long game. Lose to Alabama (in a close one) in Week 2. Win B12 championship. Pretty good path to 4 team playoff. Question is... can they afford 1 more loss in process or must they run the table?

I know it depends on other things...& a lot of FB left but I don't see ACC or P12 or ND represented.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Texas playing the long game. Lose to Alabama (in a close one) in Week 2. Win B12 championship. Pretty good path to 4 team playoff. Question is... can they afford 1 more loss in process or must they run the table?

I know it depends on other things...& a lot of FB left but I don't see ACC or P12 or ND represented.
I think Clemson could still get there if they improve their QB play

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
How did Gibbs do? Heard he got a TD.
Good game receiving. Poor game rushing. Texas was shutting down the rushing game in general. Gibbs did score a TD on a great play by Young. He also had a key 20 yard play on the game winning drive. He had a bad play earlier in the game where he missed his assignment on blocking on a 3rd down and Young got sacked quickly because of it.