Texas vs Bama (Choice vs Gibbs)

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
You can't legally throw a ball to where none of your eligible receivers are to avoid a sack unless you're outside the tackle box and pass the line fo scrimmage. It was clear intentional grounding in the endzone which is a safety. They blew it.
There was an eligible receiver 5 yards in front of him barely to the left standing by on the goal line.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
There was an eligible receiver 5 yards in front of him barely to the left standing by on the goal line.
There were 3 others downfield somewhere as well. That must have been it. Alabama had an eligible receiver on the field. Those refs are getting massacred on social media.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
There were 3 others downfield somewhere as well. That must have been it. Alabama had an eligible receiver on the field. Those refs are getting massacred on social media.
Dude is 15-20 feet away. If social media wants to be mad, be upset about missing a 20 yard FG at the end of the 1st half.
4564CD49-BC8D-4098-A82B-18E37DD416A6.jpeg

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Dude is 15-20 feet away. If social media wants to be mad, be upset about missing a 20 yard FG at the end of the 1st half.
View attachment 13020
Sorry Bama didn’t get more calls, maybe the game wouldn’t have been so close. In the case of the FG, Tex owned the result. It wasn’t like the ref blocked the kick or called a good kick bad. There’s a big difference.

It was a horrible call, but you’re entitled to your opinion.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
The no call on the face mask before the last Texas FG was a game changer. If Texas gets what should have been an obvious call, they have the ball half the distance to the goal and first down. Even if they don't score a TD, the call would have allowed them to run more clock, which could have left Bama without enough time to kick a FG. It would have at least been a longer FG.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Refs absolutely ****ed Texas in this game. I feel bad that they were playing against Bama and the refs. Should have been a safety, and on the sack escape by Bryce Young the right tackle CLEARLY held the defender and it wasn't called right in front of the ref.
There is a picture of that hold on one of the Texas boards. It was blatant and no call, just like the no call on the face mask in the last couple of minutes.

Refs were Big XII. Big XII is not going to help Texas since they are leaving the Big XII.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
This is really interesting to me. I always liked Texas and having now lived in Houston for 6+ years I think they’re the model GT should be trying to become. Great academics + Strong athletics.
Texas is a "Public Ivy" and a great school. What it has that GT doesn't is $$$$$$$$. I saw a recent article stating that its endowment is about to overtake Harvard's.
Tech will always put money in academics instead of athletics. Texas can afford to do both.

The academic difference between Bama and Texas is an absolute mismatch.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Sorry Bama didn’t get more calls, maybe the game wouldn’t have been so close. In the case of the FG, Tex owned the result. It wasn’t like the ref blocked the kick or called a good kick bad. There’s a big difference.

It was a horrible call, but you’re entitled to your opinion.
I don't know how it's an opinion when the facts are literally that he wasn't down, there was a receiver in the area, and on top of everything, the pass was batted down. That is not grounding. If it is, refs need to start calling grounding every time a pass gets batted down at the line of scrimmage.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Texas is a "Public Ivy" and a great school. What it has that GT doesn't is $$$$$$$$. I saw a recent article stating that its endowment is about to overtake Harvard's.
Tech will always put money in academics instead of athletics. Texas can afford to do both.

What do Texas players major in ? ND and Stanford hide em.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Without

Announcers made a point that he was clearly the best player on the field (in this game). This was near the end of the 3rd.

I was in the car listening to it and they mention that gives have transferred from Georgia State.😐

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know how it's an opinion when the facts are literally that he wasn't down, there was a receiver in the area, and on top of everything, the pass was batted down. That is not grounding. If it is, refs need to start calling grounding every time a pass gets batted down at the line of scrimmage.
All I know is: Bama's DBs should have been arrested for assault. Worst consistent interference I've ever seen and I'm old as dirt.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
They all have the same deck of liberal arts cards to choose from
Was curious so I checked the lists for Texas and Stanford. Both have a large percentage of Freshmen and Sophomores "undeclared". Of those with a major listed, Texas has quite a few athlete-friendly "exercise science" type majors. On the other hand, most of Stanford's team have majors that seem legit.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

Oil money.