Texas vs Bama (Choice vs Gibbs)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
1662816433870.jpeg

Who do you root for? Me? TC is GT through and through. He was my favorite player when he played for the jackets. But I guess the real reason I’m pulling for the horns is I really hate Bama. I hope Ja has a great game but it’s not enough as Bama goes down in flames.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 13000
Who do you root for? Me? TC is GT through and through. He was my favorite player when he played for the jackets. But I guess the real reason I’m pulling for the horns is I really hate Bama. I hope Ja has a great game but it’s not enough as Bama goes down in flames.
My sister and her husband went to Bama, so I'm going to have to side with my family on this one.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
If we have any hope of UGA not repeating (it certainly looks like they are by far and away the best in cfb), we are gonna need bama and ohio state on their a game.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
This is really interesting to me. I always liked Texas and having now lived in Houston for 6+ years I think they’re the model GT should be trying to become. Great academics + Strong athletics.
I had some years of going to old SW conference games and always thought Texas was a class operation, I also wish we could have the same approach as them, one big difference, they have unbelievable money available for their programs, a really rich school, rich alums by the tons. TX tried to hire coach Dodd in the fifties, he turned it down.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Texas isn't a conference game for them yet.
Thanks, I forgot. This old guy's having trouble keeping up with the 10,000 changes happening every year. Used to be football was football and you knew who your rivals were and who was in your conference. You didn't need the internet to update you every week.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
It could also be that Texas has finally gotten good again. They are the #6 team in the nation for team talent per 247. All they have been missing recently is coaching and cohesion.
Bama has already had a ton of unforced errors that UGA showed zero of. Texas has had some nice plays but overall seems like Bama shooting itself in the foot. UGA's play against Oregon was extremely clean overall. Eye test leaning way towards UGA which hurts me to say. This Bama team won't save us from another UGA natty if they don't develop from this.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Bama has already had a ton of unforced errors that UGA showed zero of. Texas has had some nice plays but overall seems like Bama shooting itself in the foot. UGA's play against Oregon was extremely clean overall. Eye test leaning way towards UGA which hurts me to say. This Bama team won't save us from another UGA natty if they don't develop from this.
I wouldn't necessarily compare what was a home game for UGA against a road game for Bama in one of the best environments for college football. We'll see what the second half brings.

Edit: They are not looking very good though right now.

Last edited:

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I want bama to win so Georgia isn’t #1.
Easy choice for me. I cut my teeth on Bama football. First college game saw Bama beat a returning Veteran Charlie Trippi 28-14 at Legion field. IIRC that was 1945 Bama and Army undefeated. My Son a true A & M Aggie 4 years in the corps, commissioned, now retired Naval aviator. So Texas is on the list with Georgia.
Swarm Jackets

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean the mutts d looks good their O is still *** they ran nothing but 2 yard screens and oregon never pressed them

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
How is this targeting in the Bama and Texas game??? Why are they reviewing that? Anything to help Bama right?