Tennessee Game 1

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I get what he's saying, but I think there's a bit of a difference between "talking bad" about someone and stating the obvious. The kid repeatedly broke rules and ultimately let his team down. Those are facts, not opinions. Now...in my opinion, that's a very selfish thing to do, but we were all kids once.

Any attacks on him at personal level is uncalled for, I agree, but I don't think that's what I've seen out of the majority of our fan base. I'm glad we had him for a year, but I'm disappointed in how his career panned out. I wish him the best going forward.

Exactly. I believe Days was quoted as saying it’s something that "he wished didn’t happen” (referring to Mills), which is crap. He wished he didn't get caught. He had 100% control over whether it happened. Along with the 'we all do dumb stuff at 19' line. I agree, except few of us are lucky enough to get more than once chance like Mills did. He was given a free tuition, housing, books, food, health insurance, a stipend, access to amazing facilities, working with top people in the field he wanted to go into, free trainers, free gym, free one-on-one tutoring, likely leniency in entry requirements to one of the best schools in the country, and any number of other perks. All he was asked to do was go to class, practice, show up for meetings, and not smoke weed. And the school gave him MULTIPLE mulligans. I hope he gets his life together and is successful but I'm not "keeping this kid in my prayers" or pretending this was some calamity he wished didn't happen. Do dumb things and face the music. Welcome to the real world kid.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Exactly. I believe Days was quoted as saying it’s something that "he wished didn’t happen” (referring to Mills), which is crap. He wished he didn't get caught. He had 100% control over whether it happened. Along with the 'we all do dumb stuff at 19' line. I agree, except few of us are lucky enough to get more than once chance like Mills did. He was given a free tuition, housing, books, food, health insurance, a stipend, access to amazing facilities, working with top people in the field he wanted to go into, free trainers, free gym, free one-on-one tutoring, likely leniency in entry requirements to one of the best schools in the country, and any number of other perks. All he was asked to do was go to class, practice, show up for meetings, and not smoke weed. And the school gave him MULTIPLE mulligans. I hope he gets his life together and is successful but I'm not "keeping this kid in my prayers" or pretending this was some calamity he wished didn't happen. Do dumb things and face the music. Welcome to the real world kid.

None of us were under a similar media spotlight when we were his age and effed up. What is done is done. Move on.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Is that an excuse for being unable to follow team rules?

No it isn't. But it may have led him to create habits more likely to lead him to trouble than someone who came from say...my own upbringing. He has to answer to his mistakes and is faced with doing so now. Continuously castigating him from this point forward is kinda pointless.

Milwaukee

Banned
Really looking forward to the new Fan First Concession prices at Mercedes Benz Stadium. You can also look at the entire menu for each vendor based off which section or level you're in. These prices along with unlimited refills are unheard of at venues. Kudos Arthur.

http://mercedesbenzstadium.com/food-beverage/

Screenshot_20170826-172742.jpg

Really looking forward to the new Fan First Concession prices at Mercedes Benz Stadium. You can also look at the entire menu for each vendor based off which section or level you're in. These prices along with unlimited refills are unheard of at venues. Kudos Arthur.

http://mercedesbenzstadium.com/food-beverage/

View attachment 2824
WOW. I'm impressed and stunned. Other than the Masters Tournament where food and drink is dirt cheap, most sporting events charge out the roof at the concessions, and that includes BDS.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
WOW. I'm impressed and stunned. Other than the Masters Tournament where food and drink is dirt cheap, most sporting events charge out the roof at the concessions, and that includes BDS.
Just the basic food is cheap the other stuff is regular stadium price. There appears different tiers of beers, not all of them are cheap