Temple kickoff at 3:30 (CBSSN)

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Just make sure it is cheese wiz.
If you have never been to Philly .....besides The Cracked Bell and Independence Hall, if you cross the river, you can tour the U.S New Jersey......one of the WWII battleships.
Regarding the cheese steak....Geno's or Pat's?
Never been...may check out the battleship. Not sure on the Cheesesteak, so maybe both?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We’ll see what happens maybe I’ll take the 11 y/o and go but I’m just not motivated at all. The thought that we will likely lose to Temple is disgusting.
I sometimes wonder how much college football everyone watches. Yeah, we lost to Citadel...worst loss in program history...does this mean we will lose every game the rest of the way? Hardly...

I actually do think our defense is better. Judging it based on the performance against a 3O team is a little silly...most of us should know that by now. The D will keep us in every game the rest of the way except probably the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Don’t be surprised if we win some ugly low scoring games. Especially against teams where our staff knows the strengths and weaknesses of pretty much every player on the roster...

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I've contemplated making it our road trip game of the year, then I remember we went to Clemson that Thursday night.

I also have a house (or two) to get ready to sell
Go Jackets.....

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Won’t be making the Temple trip after all. Having emergency hernia surgery tomorrow. Dr said I’ll be laid up for a few days and extremely uncomfortable for a week. (Second procedure. Placing mesh in to keep it in place)
Planning on UNC, GWU has still might be rough or NCST.

Won’t be making the Temple trip after all. Having emergency hernia surgery tomorrow. Dr said I’ll be laid up for a few days and extremely uncomfortable for a week. (Second procedure. Placing mesh in to keep it in place)
Dang, man. All the best to you.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Sightseeing in Philly:

- Liberty Bell (crowded but you can just walk through and see it)

- Museum of the American Revolution(this fairly new and very well done. Pay to enter).

- Independence Hall. Need to buy tickets in advance and hard to get. Plan ahead. In my opinion this and the liberty bell are the two must see attractions when in town.

All three easy walking distance from each other.

/

Liberty Bell- They have a new facility/ museum housing it now than the last time I saw it. Upgrade and worth the visit. Folks tend to crowd around the bell for selfies and they had a ranger on post to try and cycle folks through. That being said it was during the summer and wasn’t super crowded.

Independence Hall- Does get a bit crowded. I was there at a peak time though. And the rangers give their spiel and hustle groups in and out. A must see however.

Last edited:

Animal02

Banned
Sightseeing in Philly:

- Liberty Bell (crowded but you can just walk through and see it)

- Museum of the American Revolution(this fairly new and very well done. Pay to enter).

- Independence Hall. Need to buy tickets in advance and hard to get. Plan ahead. In my opinion this and the liberty bell are the two must see attractions when in town.

All three easy walking distance from each other.

/
If you are a military / history buff......the New Jersey is across the river. WWII battleship. If you have not been on one.....definitely worth the visit

Also.....Cool old bar. Worth a stop fora Yuengling
https://mcgillins.com/

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Good luck Ryan. I had a mesh installed on Nov. 1st, 2018 and still have discomfort. The good news is---that's unusual. However, take the recovery period the surgeon gives you with a huge grain of salt. It takes the mesh more than a couple of months to become one with your surrounding tissue. If you have a choice, use the DaVinci robotic system developed at Tech.

I have had two hernia surgeries, and neither required a mesh. In fact, I don't even know what that is. Your hernia must be a lot worse than either of mine. All the best to you for a quick and complete recovery.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Some comedian has a really funny sketch about Philly and the Rocky statue. THE GUY IS A MOVIE CHARACTER. HE'S NOT A REAL PERSON. AND YET THERE'S A STATUE FOR HIM.

A movie character?

Did you not see how much he loved Adrian while she was just mousy girl in the pet shop? Did you not see how much he loved her even after she died, still visiting her grave?

Did you not see how much he even took care of Spider--a dude he beat in the opening minutes of the first movie--still giving him free food from his restaurant 30 years, and six movies, later?

He even loved his son so much, a son who I'm pretty sure is a mutant who destroys the world.

Just a movie character? Really?

This is what's wrong with America.