Temple kickoff at 3:30 (CBSSN)

Animal02

Banned
I’m going...and we are going to win.

...and I’m going to eat at least one cheese steak.
Just make sure it is cheese wiz.
If you have never been to Philly .....besides The Cracked Bell and Independence Hall, if you cross the river, you can tour the U.S New Jersey......one of the WWII battleships.
Regarding the cheese steak....Geno's or Pat's?

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
One of the last times I was in Atlanta it took over 30 minutes to get from Hemphill and Tenth to Spring and Tenth.
I love living in Atlanta proper, I really do, but the traffic is truly unreal. I am fortunate to work and live near Marta.

Just make sure it is cheese wiz.
If you have never been to Philly .....besides The Cracked Bell and Independence Hall, if you cross the river, you can tour the U.S New Jersey......one of the WWII battleships.
Regarding the cheese steak....Geno's or Pat's?
I know you weren't replying to me here, but the friend of mine from Philly (who's going with me) says neither. He's taking me to Dalessandro's. He says Pat's and Geno's are tourist trap stuff. But that's just one man's opinion, I suppose. I wouldn't mind trying them all!

Appreciate the tip on the battleship too.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Anyone going? I’m not 100% sure I’m going but this might be the only game I can make.
Looking to see if anyone in here is going and where should I stay? And if there’s a planned meet up pre game?
I may go. My uncle would drive over from Pittsburgh and I'd fly into philly friday morning.

Animal02

Banned
I love living in Atlanta proper, I really do, but the traffic is truly unreal. I am fortunate to work and live near Marta.

I know you weren't replying to me here, but the friend of mine from Philly (who's going with me) says neither. He's taking me to Dalessandro's. He says Pat's and Geno's are tourist trap stuff. But that's just one man's opinion, I suppose. I wouldn't mind trying them all!

Appreciate the tip on the battleship too.
Yeah.....people I know from Philly say the same thing about Geno's and Pat's. I only stopped there once on the way to the airport (Philly airport suck BTW)
I used to go through Philly a lot.....was the project Architect for a large mall redo and addition in Cherry Hill NJ. Are at a Irish bar that ended up on Bar Rescue a year later :hungover:

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I can’t go that weekend due to a prior engagement that night, but I don’t even have that channel. The way this season is going, I might need to send Comcast a thank you note.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I live in the NYC area and I just can’t bring myself to go to the game. Sad. I simply have never been this deflated about GT sports.

I’m the idiot that went to see GT basketball lose at Fordham a few years back.

We’ll see what happens maybe I’ll take the 11 y/o and go but I’m just not motivated at all. The thought that we will likely lose to Temple is disgusting.

I got the invite to the reception with Stansbury and Angel Cabrera the night before too. Anyone signed up for that?

Geno’s is definitely worth a visit though - “whiz wit”. For perspective, I’d tell someone visiting ATL to skip the varsity because it’s a tourist trap. By comparison to Geno’s the varsity is absolutely disgusting.

/

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I live in the NYC area and I just can’t bring myself to go to the game. Sad. I simply have never been this deflated about GT sports.

We’ll see what happens maybe I’ll take the 11 y/o and go but I’m just not motivated at all. The thought that we will likely lose to Temple is disgusting.

I got the invite to the reception with Stansbury and Angel Cabrera the night before too. Anyone signed up for that?

Geno’s is definitely worth a visit though - “whiz wit”. For perspective, I’d tell someone visiting ATL to skip the varsity because it’s a tourist trap. By comparison to Geno’s the varsity is absolutely disgusting.

/

Brave man saying such a thing. Certain posters are going to question your fandom.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Sightseeing in Philly:

- Liberty Bell (crowded but you can just walk through and see it)

- Museum of the American Revolution(this fairly new and very well done. Pay to enter).

- Independence Hall. Need to buy tickets in advance and hard to get. Plan ahead. In my opinion this and the liberty bell are the two must see attractions when in town.

All three easy walking distance from each other.

/

Last edited:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

/
I would love to have a couple of Varsity chili dogs,a large order of onion rings,a fried pie and a frosty orange right now!:cool:

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Brave man saying such a thing. Certain posters are going to question your fandom.
I certainly do. Fairweather and hating on the varsity slaw dog are fighting words. It's not a delicacy it's good greasy nasty bad for you food. While Genos is more of an sandwich. But cheese wiz is :poop::poop::poop:

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Sightseeing in Philly:

- Liberty Bell (crowded but you can just walk through and see it)

- Museum of the American Revolution(this fairly new and very well done. Pay to enter).

- Independence Hall. Need to buy tickets in advance and hard to get. Plan ahead. In my opinion this and the liberty bell are the two must see attractions when in town.

All three easy walking distance from each other.

/
Rocky statue is 1st on my list