Tellin stat...

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't compare the entire team. I never said line Clemson up against an NFL team. THAT is hyperbole. I specifically referred to some of the guys on the DL.

I suggest you ask some of the admins on this board and others what they think about my comments. They are the ones that see the tapes, that understand recruiting, and give a more educated analysis. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if I am wrong by much at all in my assessment.
That's fair. Not criticizing your assessment.

slugboy

Staff member
while i love ted roof he needs to realize when the other team is scoriug td's and we are scoring 3 points. the bend but not break defense doesnt win ball games. the miami game was a good illustration of that issue.
So a different scheme would have held Clemson to 9 and we would have won?
I haven't been through iBeeBallin's video breakdown yet, but I don't think we played "bend but don't break" much against Clemson. I think the front 6-7 just got pushed around a lot.
https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2017/10/31/16568008/football-roof-inspection-report-week-9.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

slugboy

Staff member
That first touchdown they did, but I’ll have the breakdown up tomorrow
That'll be great--just need the stomach to watch it.
It's not hard to find the DB's backed off 10 yards, but there are plenty of plays where they're 1-2 yards off the receiver.