Ted Roof

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
My bad. I really thought his schemes were better. I agree he is not a standout coach but it baffles me how such a fine college linebacker in an aggressive scheme became the passive D coach he became. Was it one of those "tried that once and it didn't work" things?

U know. Alot of coaches remain around because they are good guys. Friends. Just good recruiters. Good clubhouse guys. And are really average coaches. You also have the exact opposites too....

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
To carry on to what everyone else has been saying... The offense scored 0 points last 45 minutes of game. Defense outscored them 7-0 in that time frame. Defense kept giving us chances despite being on the field for so long. I like Roof and I hope he sticks around. His recruiting is insanely valuable.

People tend to forget that this is Roof's third year here and only his second year where he's able to recruit for his defense. We were a 3-4 Defense before for many years. Now we run 4-3 and alot of 4-2-5. Roof was instrumental on recruiting Vic Alexander, Anree Saint-Armour, AJ Gray, Brant Mitchell, David Curry. Even CJ Leggett. Roof has a ton of connections in Georgia especially in Gwinnett county. This year the defense hasn't been what we thought it would be coming in, but it just appears from a talent perspective alot is left to be desired right now. The young guys look really good. I really like Kyle Henderson. For a true freshman he has been super impressive.

GTFLETCH

Banned
To carry on to what everyone else has been saying... The offense scored 0 points last 45 minutes of game. Defense outscored them 7-0 in that time frame. Defense kept giving us chances despite being on the field for so long. I like Roof and I hope he sticks around. His recruiting is insanely valuable.

People tend to forget that this is Roof's third year here and only his second year where he's able to recruit for his defense. We were a 3-4 Defense before for many years. Now we run 4-3 and alot of 4-2-5. Roof was instrumental on recruiting Vic Alexander, Anree Saint-Armour, AJ Gray, Brant Mitchell, David Curry. Even CJ Leggett. Roof has a ton of connections in Georgia especially in Gwinnett county. This year the defense hasn't been what we thought it would be coming in, but it just appears from a talent perspective alot is left to be desired right now. The young guys look really good. I really like Kyle Henderson. For a true freshman he has been super impressive.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
@yellowRambler, i agree about Henderson. The kid played well and was all over the field last night. He's got good size too. These freshman we are seeing this year are going to be the core to a nasty defense in a couple years imo

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Ted's troops haven't really played yet. He's starters next season will still be mostly Groh's kids on the DLine.
Kallon, Gamble, & Rook
Gamble & Kallon would make for some mountains in the middle.

Henderson, Sellers, & Glanton will back them up or potentially start. Those are Ted's recruits so maybe we'll see a difference.

Still waiting on a pass rush. Idk