Tech's Honeycomb Helmet Voted #1 Ugliest Helmet In College Football

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I like the honeycombs, but I've only been a GT fan since 2011. I have had no exposure to GT uniforms in the other eras. Honeycomb numbers on jerseys looks unpleasant, but I rather like them on helmets.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Still love the Michigan winged helmets. Probably the most iconic helmet in all of football. Really like what Navy and Army have done with their helmets as well.

I love our white helmets WITHOUT the honeycomb:

View attachment 1626

That's probably the best Uniform/helmet combo GT has put out in the modern era.
this is by far the most popular uni among tech fans. I really hope that bubbles up to the decision-makers soon!

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I have my preference as to what looks better, but to be honest, I could care less. I have worn some pretty ugly baseball unis over the course of my life and never cared one bit. It didn't affect my play and it didn't matter. As long as I can figure out which team is TECH when they take the field, I am fine. Whatever. Play the game.
today's kids imagine themselves on sports center wearing Nike experimental unis with gold flakes

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Nope. It was black. See:

http://www.thesportsdesignblog.com/2011/09/16/uniform-concept-georgia-tech-football/

And look at the bravos in the first picture and at Eddie. The numbers are in black. Marco, the last pic, is in navy blue.

Scroll down here and you'll see Pat Swilling in a black uni:

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2011/2/25/1983187/atlanta-sports-history-jersey-numbers

They called it the Black Watch for a reason. And, let's face it, that is one good looking jersey.
swilling pic shows a more metallic helmet. Like!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a uniphobe, but I don't like the "honeycomb" helmet because it doesn't look like any honeycomb I ever saw. It does look like a lot of chicken wire I have seen.
I mean when they tried to make it 3D like the real thing everyone yelled then too (for good bubble wrap reason.)

yellowjacket-nest.jpg