Tech's Honeycomb Helmet Voted #1 Ugliest Helmet In College Football

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Can we really argue with this though?
Yes.

I was not a fan of the helmets when they came out but to say they are the ugliest sounds very subjective.

And how can LSU have the coolest helmet? I think they are very average and unimaginative. Georgia is given the nod as one of the best helmets in the country. Based on what? Looking like the Green Bay Packers? The best thing about the Georgia helmet is something they swiped. So if you like Georgia's helmet then you have to say that Grambling also has one of the best football helmets. Rant over.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Can we really argue with this though?
Maryland (don't know how they are not on this list), Louisville, Kansas, and indianans are all worse imo. I also don't agree with the Arizona state one, it's not the best, but it's not bad to me.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Still love the Michigan winged helmets. Probably the most iconic helmet in all of football. Really like what Navy and Army have done with their helmets as well.

I love our white helmets WITHOUT the honeycomb:

gatech.png

That's probably the best Uniform/helmet combo GT has put out in the modern era.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
Still love the Michigan winged helmets. Probably the most iconic helmet in all of football. Really like what Navy and Army have done with their helmets as well.

I love our white helmets WITHOUT the honeycomb:

View attachment 1626

That's probably the best Uniform/helmet combo GT has put out in the modern era.
I have to disagree, that has to be one of the worst I've seen. I also like the honeycomb helmets, so what do I know. We wear them sparingly and they look great with the all white uniforms, IMHO.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
They like the honeycombs? Fine by me (although the uni stunk), but we're did this info come from as regards the recruits? Names, signed or did not sign?
I just see a lot of Recruits posting pictures of the Helmet when they announce they've received an offer from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It goes without saying that the only kind of helmet that a Tech team should wear is the solid gold one. With white jerseys and black (not navy blue) letters at home and black (not navy blue) jerseys with white letters away. And gold pants with two black stripes, of course. That's how we looked in the Dodd era and we've never looked better since.

And, yes, the honeycomb helmets and unis suck big time.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I don't agree with the Penn State or South Carolina picks but the rest are really bad.

http://collegespun.com/aac/connecticut/the-8-ugliest-helmets-in-college-football/9

Edit: sorry, please move this to the uniform thread
I happen to like the infamous "Calvin" throwbacks with the mustard gold jerseys, white pants, and white helmets but that's just me. I also prefer the classic gold pants, white shirts, black trim with the gold helmets. What the kids like is more important up to a point. I do think we have a problem with sticking with one or two looks so that they become identified with Georgia Tech.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It goes without saying that the only kind of helmet that a Tech team should wear is the solid gold one. With white jerseys and black (not navy blue) letters at home and black (not navy blue) jerseys with white letters away. And gold pants with two black stripes, of course. That's how we looked in the Dodd era and we've never looked better since.

Agree

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

I have read that the Dodd era unis used dark blue for trim not black. Black is not even listed as a tertiary color in Tech official guides. But blues always has been.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yes.

I was not a fan of the helmets when they came out but to say they are the ugliest sounds very subjective.

And how can LSU have the coolest helmet? I think they are very average and unimaginative. Georgia is given the nod as one of the best helmets in the country. Based on what? Looking like the Green Bay Packers? The best thing about the Georgia helmet is something they swiped. So if you like Georgia's helmet then you have to say that Grambling also has one of the best football helmets. Rant over.
I hate to point out it was a Fox outlet that did this.