Tech vs Washington Part Deux

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Guys I'm going ot have to let y'all bring Tech in with a Win. I have an early morning flight and I'm not quite as young as I used to be :ROFLMAO:

GO JACKETS and mush the huskies!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Does Grimes just not pitch until he's down 3-0 in the count?

Imagine how much better we'd be with King and Pitts. They are like Farmer was - and throw a lot of strikes to get a head. I'm surprised that Parr didn't start this one.

I hate to say it, but now that Grimes got through 5 we may see a new GT pitcher in the 6th.

Update: B5 leadoff double and will we have our #2 hitter Hyde bunting?

NOOOOOOO bunt - sac fly to deep center.

Last edited:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Imagine how much better we'd be with King and Pitts. They are like Farmer was - and throw a lot of strikes to get a head. I'm surprised that Parr didn't start this one.
Looking at his pitch count he's thrown a lot of strikes but I guess his balls are so off the wall they're more noticeable. He's good when he calms down.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looking at his pitch count he's thrown a lot of strikes but I guess his balls are so off the wall they're more noticeable. He's good when he calms down.

Right now Grimes is at 77-47. So not a great strike ratio. But he seems to be pitching better this inning. Hope he can make it a few more innings, but probably the 7th is the most we can hope for since he'll be around 100 pitches then ......

Parr is warming up. Really don't want to have to use him, but we have to win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Parr in T7. Hurt that we stranded another 2 in the sixth. Still 2-4.

Ole Miss has to love that both teams are eating up pitchers.

MD beats SCe :) But will face UVa in the super regional if UVa holds onto their 6 run lead.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yup, getting out of bases loaded and 1 out was great. But then we leave one on second to go to the 8th. I couldn't find the stats, but both teams have left a lot on.

Given the crowd for Ole Miss earlier today and their pitchers only being in 2 games, it is going to be very hard for either team to beat Ole Miss in the first, let alone second game.

Update: Parr (Fr) with two SOs to start the 8th. Parr is going to be great for us the next two (or three) years. Ground out so he didn't SO side. B8 - we need some damn runs.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pabst throws out his third person of the night trying to steal third. Another Fr..........

T9, we have to have to score at least 2. 8, 9, 1 hitters. I'd be DH'ing for at least Pabst since there are no more chances ........