Tech vs Washington Part Deux

Squints

Helluva Engineer
That bunt right there in the first is a bad decision. It's worse than that. It's stupid. It may have had a positive result but doesn't mean it was a bad call. We can't keep hamstringing our offense like this. They're not gonna give us gifts like that every time we bunt. I wouldn't be shocked at all if we bunted when we came back from the delay. With the #3 hitter. In the first inning. Ugh.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For background, with no outs, Spignola has reached on error and then Hyde bunt singled. First off, Washington has a higher fielding % than we do. So this Washington error is a rare gift. Second off, who would ever think we would try to sac bunt with one out? (tic)

When play resumes, I think Hall is going to have another bunt attempt to move runners to 2nd and 3rd. It's how he played the game all year. I have to read the baseball book "The Book" and think about this more to have a better opinion on whether it's "right" or "wrong".

I think one big thing that comes into play is that some of our hitters are fast enough to beat out many bunts. Speedy Gonzalez sure is and he is up next.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Speedy pop flys the attempted bunt into an out. AArrrrggghhhhhh.

Update: 4 pitch walk to Smith. Bases loaded and no outs.

Update: Another 4 pitch walk. GT 1-0

Update: 5 pitch walk. GT 2-0

Last edited:

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
That bunt right there in the first is a bad decision. It's worse than that. It's stupid. It may have had a positive result but doesn't mean it was a bad call. We can't keep hamstringing our offense like this. They're not gonna give us gifts like that every time we bunt. I wouldn't be shocked at all if we bunted when we came back from the delay. With the #3 hitter. In the first inning. Ugh.

Understand. I may be from thinking too much..to this being another BIG game x2

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I mean look at this the pitcher apparently lost it in the delay. We helped him out by giving up one of our best hitters.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I mean look at this the pitcher apparently lost it in the delay. We helped him out by giving up one of our best hitters.

I can't argue that by playing small ball we only got 2 runs in what could have / should have been a big inning. 2-0 T2 after DP.

Let's hope Grimes has his control, he hasn't pitched for a long time.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Let me type this right, my bad in the last post..I understand what your saying..don't over think some things. Could be our problem, and it could be other things that come into play, coaching or not.

Washington just dodge a bullet. We have been on that end of the bullet. I hope we can keep firing those bullets

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
B2, still 2-0. Peurifoy gets a lead off single and ...... wait for it ...... Pabst attempts a bunt.

I have a lot less problem with a 205 hitter attempting a bunt..... much better than a DP ...... Pabst flys out.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Yea I don't hate the Pabst bunt. And I do think Spignola was going for a hit not the sacrifice.