TECH VS MIAMI POSTGAME

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Let it out boys
Well, this ends two items that had been sources of endless speculation. I think we can effectively eliminate Coach Key as a prospective new coach and the last flickering hopes of a bowl just died. If there was ever a team in need of a thorough roster turnover and the release of all members of a coaching staff it is this one. Georgia Tech is about to embark upon what could be a lengthy period in the football wilderness defined by years of futility, losses, and perhaps, several coaching changes. It will not be pretty.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Pyron had a pretty poor game, off target a lot. Unfortunately that is to be expected with a true freshmen. I was particularly disappointed in the effort of #2 (Leonard?) on the 2nd pick, he just let miami have it and made no attempt at the catch or disrupting the miami player. O line actually seemed to block ok on pass plays. Defense did not come to play, seemed like they were cold and didn't want to be there. They still stopped Miami most of the game, but not attacking like they have been previously. DL has been basically invisible - frustrating to know Domineck at Arkansas and Ivey at Ole Miss had combined for 11 sacks this season prior to today, our entire DL had 13.5 for the season.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Only two pages of replies. That’s telling.

Idk what to say now. We ain’t got no qb without our qb.

I guess we can look forward to the new coaching hire but I’m just gonna bet Tech flops on the hire and we get someone mediocre to bad.

I hope this isn’t the end of football for our boys but the future doesn’t look bright.

I just want it to be fun again

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, this ends two items that had been sources of endless speculation. I think we can effectively eliminate Coach Key as a prospective new coach and the last flickering hopes of a bowl just died. If there was ever a team in need of a thorough roster turnover and the release of all members of a coaching staff it is this one. Georgia Tech is about to embark upon what could be a lengthy period in the football wilderness defined by years of futility, losses, and perhaps, several coaching changes. It will not be pretty.
I thought we just went through that.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm disappointed but have sort of been waiting for the TO game all year. I don't care who you are, pretty much every program has at least 1 game where they get really TO prone. Today was GT's turn.

Pyron didn't play as well as he had previously, that shouldn't be surprising either , he is a true Fr. He had his moments but he was not sharp overall.

NCST just lost to BC and MJ Morris had a poor second half. It's going to happen.

My understanding is that the QB From Clemson was brought in to be a clipboard guy - like Beatty last year.

There are some significant talent deficiencies on this team that is likely multiple classes from solving.

GT was completely ineffective rushing the ball today -the RB's had 17 carries for 60 yds. (Pyron had 66 yds on 8).
The defense was off today. It really put GT in a hole early and was basically unable to stop Miami's run game - 44 carries, 217 yds. Also had problems getting off the field - allowing 7-12 3rd down conversions.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Opening game against Louisville in the Benz might sell less than 30k tickets next year. We may not sell 15k season tickets. It will not be out of the realm of possibility if more UGA fans buy more Tech season tickets next year than Tech fans.

There needs to be some major shifts in the trajectory of this program, or next year’s UGA game might look even worse than 2021’s, if that’s even possible…

It’s honestly just so sad and disheartening… We aren’t even close to an average P5 program right now. Not even remotely. Any team with a pulse can beat us, and beat us bad right now. It’s a miracle we’ve won as many games as we have the last 4 seasons. In all honesty we could be like 8-36 instead of 13-31 since 2019.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Opening game against Louisville in the Benz might sell less than 30k tickets next year. We may not sell 15k season tickets. It will not be out of the realm of possibility if more UGA fans buy Tech season tickets next year than Tech fans.

There needs to be some major shifts in the trajectory of this program, or next year’s UGA game might look even worse than 2021’s, if that’s even possible…

It’s honestly just so sad and disheartening…

I’d try to get that game moved to the Benz at this point. I know most here would disapprove but man at this point it doesn’t really matter.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The world is not ending. Cabrera started the process and we are now a month and change into the future. A competent coach can make immediate improvements with a spring and fall camp. Just because the previous guy was insecticide to everything he touched doesn’t mean that is the norm. We can easily get to .500 just by being normal especially in the ACC.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The world is not ending. Cabrera started the process and we are now a month and change into the future. A competent coach can make immediate improvements with a spring and fall camp. Just because the previous guy was insecticide to everything he touched doesn’t mean that is the norm. We can easily get to .500 just by being normal especially in the ACC.
We could get to .500 with a decent OL.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Pyron had a pretty poor game, off target a lot. Unfortunately that is to be expected with a true freshmen. I was particularly disappointed in the effort of #2 (Leonard?) on the 2nd pick, he just let miami have it and made no attempt at the catch or disrupting the miami player. O line actually seemed to block ok on pass plays. Defense did not come to play, seemed like they were cold and didn't want to be there. They still stopped Miami most of the game, but not attacking like they have been previously. DL has been basically invisible - frustrating to know Domineck at Arkansas and Ivey at Ole Miss had combined for 11 sacks this season prior to today, our entire DL had 13.5 for the season.
Can't complain about the defense. They gave up two scores in three quarters, and then they got worn down because of the ineffective offense.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
The thing that frustrates me the most about this coaching is that we won’t just do what is working.

We’ve seen other teams do this to us. Keep hitting us with stuff until we figure out how to stop it.

We seem too tentative, like we don’t want to run things too much since they might catch on, like we’re saving them.

So instead it’s back to try - yet again - if the run up the middle is gonna work, or the short horizontal pass that Miami can chase down…