TECH OFFENSE

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Were gonna go from a Top 10 possession team to a Bottom 10 possession team in 1 year lol.

Gonna be some deceptively ugly stats on defense too in terms of ppg/ypg conceded relative to the last decade. Gotta make sure we’re looking at ppd/ypp.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Met a TECH O-Lineman at the braves game last night and thought I'd share...

He said the Scheme is very Multiple but to my surprise he said we will be Predominantly a Passing team with no huddle very much involved... The Goal is to score as fast as possible . Get ready for Oregon 2.0 people...

Except oregon ran it anywhere between 60-68 percent of the time under chip kelly on avg.

And in my view, this is what we will be. I will be shocked, if in year one we pass more than run by anything much more than 51 49 percent etc or similar.

I highly doubt we pass 60 percent and run 40. If that happens we are either getting blown out alot and trying to catch up, or somehow we have another joe ham hidden on the roster cpj had no idea how it identify and boom we got a hidden gem in a new scheme. I just dont see it.

And for the record. I hope we do run it 60 40. I think it can fit us to a T

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Met a TECH O-Lineman at the braves game last night and thought I'd share...

He said the Scheme is very Multiple but to my surprise he said we will be Predominantly a Passing team with no huddle very much involved... The Goal is to score as fast as possible . Get ready for Oregon 2.0 people...
Did he say anything else about the QB play or how the OL is adjusting to the new scheme?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think for starters, I hope anyway, the new O line scheme will be more simple for our guys to execute while at the same time being more versatile.

We have had more "missed assignments" problems recently to last for the next 20 years.

"Oregone 2.0", GT 12,0, anybody 2,0 - just win however possible.

And give our D a chance

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I think the offense we will resemble the most is Gus’ Auburn Offense. Zone Read Run scheme with RPO and Athletic Quarterback. Lot of Desgined QB runs. Those worried about the Tempo hurting the defense confuse me because everyone always bragged on how The Spread Option was a big play offense and how we could score on any play. Realistically the tempo will even itself out and I promise you our defense isn’t gonna care how fast our Offense goes. It’s pretty standard across the country to have no huddle type offenses, you don’t see Alabama complaing about Tua moving them to fast.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I expect our offense to look a lot like Coastal Carolina's offense when Patenaude was the OC there. Here's Alex Ross highlights:

He's probably the best QB to play under Patenaude. Kid was a baller ( https://goccusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=805 ). If our QBs put those numbers up, QBs throughout the South are lining up to play in Coach Pat's system. Lots of 3-5 WR sets. You can see how he utilizes TEs. Unfortunately, being a QB highlight reel, you don't get to see much RB run plays. You do see some zone read, and can see where coach Pat will utilize QBs with the skillset we have. Lots of different schemes being utilized...and I think it comes down to what kind of talent he has to play with.

Here's a full game to get a better look at the entire offense:

Deleted member 2897

I think the offense we will resemble the most is Gus’ Auburn Offense. Zone Read Run scheme with RPO and Athletic Quarterback. Lot of Desgined QB runs. Those worried about the Tempo hurting the defense confuse me because everyone always bragged on how The Spread Option was a big play offense and how we could score on any play. Realistically the tempo will even itself out and I promise you our defense isn’t gonna care how fast our Offense goes. It’s pretty standard across the country to have no huddle type offenses, you don’t see Alabama complaing about Tua moving them to fast.

I was just about to say that all of our QBs can run. Scramble, Read, or straight run call. We’ll probably pass 1,000% more this year, but that still means 40 throws a game, not 100. LOL

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I agree on what we will see on offense. However the other point as far as time of possession are a little off imo. We could score fast and on any given play, and it happened often, but we still were a top 10 team in possession, and we still had a huddle, so our 3 and outs were way slower than a no huddle 3 and out. We also don’t have the depth of Bama.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Just watch Temple from last year. Add a qb that can run & that’s the offense.
I agree - did you guys not watch the Temple bowl game against Duke? They spread it out and played very fast. Same offensive coordinator - they're going to do the same thing here.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I agree - did you guys not watch the Temple bowl game against Duke? They spread it out and played very fast. Same offensive coordinator - they're going to do the same thing here.
Yes! Duke clobbered them after Temple being up a couple of scores. Without a defense I don't see advantage of playing fast.. As said previously, Bama has a defense with depth.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, unless our defensive talent has been holding back a lot, we don't need to be hurrying to get off the field on offense. This could be a recipe for disaster. I hope we can hold onto it at least half the game.

Go Jackets!