Tech Kicker Commit Who Flipped to Bama

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wtf we gonna do about 2018? Punt for kickoffs? Go for it every 4th down? Headache headache headache :confused:

No way should we punt on KOs. On sides or intentionally OOB are better options (tic).

Seriously, King should be a lot better next year as he shouldn't have a pulled groin. If he doesn't do better, well then we're screwed and probably won't go to a bowl again.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We are after the Kicker from Starr's Mill HS, Michael Lantz. He will be a senior next year. Kid consistently kicks the ball through the end zone and has amazing accuracy on long field goal attempts. Unfortunately, every other school in America is after him as well.

Go Jackets!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No way should we punt on KOs. On sides or intentionally OOB are better options (tic).

Seriously, King should be a lot better next year as he shouldn't have a pulled groin. If he doesn't do better, well then we're screwed and probably won't go to a bowl again.

I hope so. I’m just not convinced our kicking issues, both kickers, was all injury related.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I hope so. I’m just not convinced our kicking issues, both kickers, was all injury related.

I don't know if King's issues were injury related, but look at his high school film. Most of his kickoffs are to the back of the HS end zone. If he didn't improve at all, that would mean his college kickoffs would have been to mid-end zone. This year they were not. His 56 yard FG cleared by several yards. Even if you take off a few yards for kicking off a tee, it still would have been good from 52-53. He kicked better in high school than he did last year. My assumption is his injury based on the fact that he was injured and that he kicked better a year ago.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You know on fourth and short it is to our advantage statistically to go for it on fourth down.

Yeah but with our kicking game last year I’d go for it on 4th and any distance when inside the other teams 40 yd line. Well maybe not 4th and long inside the 15.....so long as the ball is centered and not on a hash...then I’d have to make a very careful calculation based upon score and time remaining in the game...and flip a coin.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if King's issues were injury related, but look at his high school film. Most of his kickoffs are to the back of the HS end zone. If he didn't improve at all, that would mean his college kickoffs would have been to mid-end zone. This year they were not. His 56 yard FG cleared by several yards. Even if you take off a few yards for kicking off a tee, it still would have been good from 52-53. He kicked better in high school than he did last year. My assumption is his injury based on the fact that he was injured and that he kicked better a year ago.

I watched him kick at Mill Creek for 2 years. Believe me, the injury definitely had an effect on him.

GTFLETCH

Banned
We are after the Kicker from Starr's Mill HS, Michael Lantz. He will be a senior next year. Kid consistently kicks the ball through the end zone and has amazing accuracy on long field goal attempts. Unfortunately, every other school in America is after him as well.

Go Jackets!
So it is between Cory Munson & Mike Lantz.... Hopefully the Jackets take Munson.... I have seen both kick... Cory is the better prospect hands down!

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Can Harvin kick from a tee? I realize we live in a world of specialization, but he's got a big leg. I'd like to see what he could do on kickoffs. BTW, the Falcon's punter (Bosher) also handles kickoffs.
CPJ said during the year that they tried everything, I'd assume that would include this. So I am going to go with no he can't.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ said during the year that they tried everything, I'd assume that would include this. So I am going to go with no he can't.
This amazes me. Out of over 100 athletically gifted guys we can't 1 who could semi-consistently kick the ball off a tee into the end zone?

Heck I'd even try the Clemson route and hold open tryouts for ANY students.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!
Well, make sure we tell him that one of six GT grads is a millionaire and average starting salary is $60,000, and that will do the trick. Yeah, I know this is smarmy, but it's pretty clear that approach isn't working.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

Go Jackets!

We’ll get him because of CPJ’s warm and winning personality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk