Tech Kicker Commit Who Flipped to Bama

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Hard to attack a coaches intentions/character/ or word when he honors a scholarship to a QB who is horrifically injured in a accident and will never play a snap for GT. Not to mention his ability to ensure these athletes a means (with HIGH % of success) to receive a diploma from an excellent Institution. An education and work ethic which will prepare and shape them along the path to success outside of professional football because despite all the "you're the next superstar hype" most of these players will go in to hold careers as working professional not NFL players. But continue on bashing CPJ and questioning his ability to win the confidence of parents or recruits when he steps into their homes or drops by their schools to express interest in them playing for GT. In all honesty if he were perceived to be unfit for the job by the people with leverage and the means to truly assess him then he would be gone already. Hell he has been in the business of coaching football longer than some of these coaches have been alive. I believe he knows a thing or to about all things related to the responsibilities of being a HC. In the meantime feel free to submit a resume to any school hiring so you can be assessed by the armchair coaching gurus.
In the meantime don't question why our fan base appears to be so divided and difficult at times.

Last edited:

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
:ninja:
So would every male member and half the females in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
So if we were to put you out there today in a non-game situation and you couldn’t put every kickoff into the end zone or consistently make field goals of more than 45 yards, what would that say about your athleticism versus 1/2 of the females in the Mormon Tabernacle choir? :)

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I hope we get that kid, it would do my heart good for a Tech kicker with the last name Munson to drive a stake through the dwags' hearts with a game winning field goal.
I would so love to hear that A-hole announcer for ugag announce "Munson for the game winner"
"The kick is up and it isssssss.....oh my god he made a 53 yarder to send Georgia Tech into their first undefeated season since 1990 and a spot in the CFB playoffs"!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Imagine the bump in student attendance if we, God forbid, held a campus-wide tryout and actually found a real, honest-to-goodness actual student to kickoff for us? It would be a PR Boon! It's not even all that far fetched considering all the soccer (futbol) players we have on campus.

aside: I still have images in my head of kids double-strappin' it up the hill to the Library on game days as the fans are streaming down in the opposite direction, you know, like salmon swimming upstream to spawn. smh.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
:ninja:
So if we were to put you out there today in a non-game situation and you couldn’t put every kickoff into the end zone or consistently make field goals of more than 45 yards, what would that say about your athleticism versus 1/2 of the females in the Mormon Tabernacle choir? :)
Depends on which half. In HS I did kick off once. Once. The coach used everything except the shepherd's crook to get me out of there.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
So this kid watches from the sidelines and now has a natty ring that he earned by association while JT5 flips from Bammer to us and becomes a legend at Tech. Which would you pick?