Tech Getting Some Late Kick Love

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
As an aside, I've got a close friend who is in the coach/AD executive search business and attended one of our rival schools. He laughs and says that he hopes we never fire him based on the whippings we've taken the last two years, including to his school. Take it for what it's worth. He does like Pastner and hopes that he can make the tourney this year.

you know how many people were on the search committee that hired Collins?
and how many others they interviewed?

It's the same number to answer both questions. it's an integer less than 3 and greater than 1.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Just win baby... Haven’t done it much. Hope we do it more. Really (as long as we do it the right / decent way with integrity and without more than our regular pounding at the hands of the NCAA) nothing else matters. I’m bored and tired of the hype machine, but it’s not for me. If it works it works. If it doesn’t, it will all self correct. It’s time to win games and leave the excuses behind.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Now I remember why I quit posting on here so much. Reading the same exchanges and banter over and over and over and over again is deflating and mentally exhausting.
I definitely agree with that. IMO, it's just treading water until spring practice starts. Definitely do not check in very often, maybe 1-2 times week. Scan the threads and
continue........or not.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
If nobody cared about those things then we wouldn't be having this discussion. Obviously some do.

Yes, I realize some do. I am talking about people who get paid to cover football or people who have made a living playing or coaching it. They all said the same thing about our transition. My position has been consistent that I would begin judging in year 3.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
If I hear that Citadel clock management thing one more time, my head is going to explode. It was a hideous mistake that any rookie coach might make.

And what's up with bringing up getting boat-raced by the dwags. Every single coach since O'Leary has been boat-raced by the dwags.

I don't care if you like Collins or not - we all owe him the opportunity to succeed and that involves being supportive. So quit complaining so damn much.

Let's see how 2021 works out.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
If I hear that Citadel clock management thing one more time, my head is going to explode. It was a hideous mistake that any rookie coach might make.

And what's up with bringing up getting boat-raced by the dwags. Every single coach since O'Leary has been boat-raced by the dwags.

I don't care if you like Collins or not - we all owe him the opportunity to succeed and that involves being supportive. So quit complaining so damn much.

Let's see how 2021 works out.
We better not be having these types of conversations next year or my head will explode.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I definitely agree with that. IMO, it's just treading water until spring practice starts. Definitely do not check in very often, maybe 1-2 times week. Scan the threads and
continue.....
Honestly it's all I can muster this offseason. I just want to rejoice with everyone, not rehash the same pointless arguments.

Anyways. I just thought it was cool that we get mentioned on a football podcast. I'm ready for some football again.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Now I remember why I quit posting on here so much. Reading the same exchanges and banter over and over and over and over again is deflating and mentally exhausting.
I always get a chuckle out of these type of posts. This is a free message board with unknown participants. It’s all entertainment. This is not serious stuff. It’s something to entertain us on topics we all enjoy during what little free time we have in between life. If it’s exhausting why in the world would you add to the pile of “life stuff” in your spare time? Personally, I enjoy checking out these forums every time. Even when I’ve been called out I’ve enjoyed it because this is a free exchange of thoughts and ideas on a subject that we all fortunately or unfortunately are interested in until they put us in the ground.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I always get a chuckle out of these type of posts. This is a free message board with unknown participants. It’s all entertainment. This is not serious stuff. It’s something to entertain us on topics we all enjoy during what little free time we have in between life. If it’s exhausting why in the world would you add to the pile of “life stuff” in your spare time? Personally, I enjoy checking out these forums every time. Even when I’ve been called out I’ve enjoyed it because this is a free exchange of thoughts and ideas on a subject that we all fortunately or unfortunately are interested in until they put us in the ground.
Yes Sir. I couldn't agree more. If it ain't fun, don't do it.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Except he wasn't a rookie coach. That was his third season as head coach of a FBS program. This isn't the level where you grow into a job. You better know what you're doing from the jump, right down to clock management. Especially at $3M plus a year.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
As an aside, I've got a close friend who is in the coach/AD executive search business and attended one of our rival schools. He laughs and says that he hopes we never fire him based on the whippings we've taken the last two years, including to his school. Take it for what it's worth. He does like Pastner and hopes that he can make the tourney this year.

Paying any attention to what rival fans say or think about our team is a mistake. They have no idea what happens Mondays through Fridays or on signing day and they have short memories. uga fans also said they hoped CPJ would stay forever after 2017, 2018 because we had fallen so far behind that we'd never be able to compete with them again.

So, no, the opinion of rival fans, whether they have been on a search committee or not, are not worth paying attention to.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Except he wasn't a rookie coach. That was his third season as head coach of a FBS program. This isn't the level where you grow into a job. You better know what you're doing from the jump, right down to clock management. Especially at $3M plus a year.
This is silly. You should always be growing into a job. You never know EVERYTHING about what you're doing from the jump. Not a very realistic take on life, let alone football.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
This is silly. You should always be growing into a job. You never know EVERYTHING about what you're doing from the jump. Not a very realistic take on life, let alone football.
Yep - pretty sure Harbaugh at Michigan made a pretty egregious clock-management mistake either last year or year before. it happens.