Team Scrimmage Notes

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
17 boards even against air is pretty good. Tadric with 3 points? Eek.

Can't wait to see an update after the super-secret scrimmage vs @Peacone36 's 2nd favorite team, MissSt.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
17 boards even against air is pretty good. Tadric with 3 points? Eek.

Can't wait to see an update after the super-secret scrimmage vs @Peacone36 's 2nd favorite team, MissSt.

Whoa whoa whoa .......whoa....................whoa

1-this is not my batman glass
2-My second favorite program is Gonzaga
3-Don't hate on the bulldogs because they actually know how to hire a GOOD basketball coach.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Whoa whoa whoa .......whoa....................whoa

1-this is not my batman glass
2-My second favorite program is Gonzaga
3-Don't hate on the bulldogs because they actually know how to hire a GOOD basketball coach.

Sigged

Also, everyone knows you're a Hilltopper at heart. Gonzaga too? Geez.

Back on topic, I too an wondering about Matthews. Did we just overlook him?

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn't see Matthews even mentioned in the article...I'm not sure what that means, but I was hoping him or JO would surprise us this year and actually score some points. I dont know if Tadric is ever going to live up to his rating. I like him in transistion, but thats about it. He seems to play well for about 3 minute spurt in every game and then disappears the rest of the game.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn't see Matthews even mentioned in the article...I'm not sure what that means, but I was hoping him or JO would surprise us this year and actually score some points. I dont know if Tadric is ever going to live up to his rating. I like him in transistion, but thats about it. He seems to play well for about 3 minute spurt in every game and then disappears the rest of the game.
Only thing I could think would be that he wasn't available due to injury, or he was left out of the scrimmage due to his defense. Pastner mentioned in one of Roberson's articles that Matthews' defense really needed to improve.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Looks like we had a team scrimmage and some stats posted.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/highlights-tech-scrimmage-men-baasketball/6QBrdigg9aM2IhLJekKFHP/

Looks like Lammers might be a force this year:

"He said Quinton Stephens shot the ball well, with 19 points on 5-of-14 shooting.

Ben Lammers also played well with eight points and 17 rebounds."

LOL! "19 pts on 5-of-14 shooting"! I'm pretty sure that they won't let us have 4 pt and 5pt shots when we get to league play.

(I know 19pts includes free throws, but the quote struck me as funny)

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe its just me, but maybe we should hire Adam Smith as a G.A. to come back and teach this team how to shoot the basketball.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The scrimmage numbers look like they are just for the first half based on the minutes and the fact teams were switched up at half time.
Okogie going for 8 and 7 in 16 min looks good to me.
35 assists on 51 FG suggests good ball movement or bad defense or both.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It's difficult to make sense of numbers in a scrimmage. As a player, I remember having scrimmages where the coaches were emphasizing something we were not doing especially well, so our execution was uneven. That said, 5-14 is not good for a guy who is got to be the team leader.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, looking at the starting rosters by half, it looks like there's a dropoff after Lammers and AD