Team overall ceiling

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m glad NC St. was missing those two players. I so dislike going winless in the ACC.

The bagman commeth, over his heado_O

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
I was supportive of Pastner, and ever the optimist, yet even I’m close to teetering off “tolerating” him and his underachieving season in progress. This IS a tournament roster, it’s not a tournament team the way Pastner is coaching. He promised faster. He promised sharp shooting. He promised higher scoring. Fail x3. The Syracuse loss was gross. The Ball State loss - and its tone - was simply revolting, embarrassing. Hard to forgive abysmal preparation and execution. Not banging on kids as people, just play evaluation.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
After the Ball State debacle, it appears as though I'm almost standing on the ceiling, and it don't look pretty.

What I saw was a team that appeared to be disinterested and disengaged. Without a true PG to lead, these guys are mostly lost on the offensive end of the court, but the defensive failures can be directly related to lack of effort and lack of heart. It almost appears as though CJP has lost this team.

Last edited:

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
After the Ball State debacle, it appears as though I'm almost standing on the ceiling, and it don't look pretty.

What I saw was a team that appeared to be disinterested and disengaged. Without a true PG to lead, these guys are mostly lost on the offensive end of the court, but the defensive failures can be directly related to lack of effort and lack of heart. It almost appears as though CJP has lost this team.

I'm not sure having the point guard back can fix what you describe. I try to stay positive as a fan. It is really hard right now.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
. It almost appears as though CJP has lost this team.

Almost? Cremins has one thing we’ve missed ... a recruiting pipeline and a mentor named Frank McGuire. Why Pastner isn’t calling Cremins begging for help is a mystery. But then again, some people like to sit in their own poop.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Almost? Cremins has one thing we’ve missed ... a recruiting pipeline and a mentor named Frank McGuire. Why Pastner isn’t calling Cremins begging for help is a mystery. But then again, some people like to sit in their own poop.
Cremins was behind our bench many games last year. You'd think with a direct link to Bobby and Coach Cal he'd use those resources but I'm not certain CJP is the kind of person who thinks he needs any advice from someone else regarding his team.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

I wanted to say this as well. I’ve been to all the home games, and this last game, more than any, I felt from the stands that Pastner has lost the team. It seemed clear as day to me.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I wanted to say this as well. I’ve been to all the home games, and this last game, more than any, I felt from the stands that Pastner has lost the team. It seemed clear as day to me.

I was there and felt the same thing, but I also don't think it's all Pastner. There is something going on with some of the players as well. The effort, pride, and desire to not to be totally embarrassed by Ball St was non-existent. Jose tried to bring some energy at timeouts but many of the other players just looked like they didn't give a damn. That's internal motivation.

I also think something that's really hurting us this year is the lack of a guy like Lammers that can play high and low. It seems like much of the offense used to be based on the big guy distributing the ball from the top of the key or being able to make that shot. Nobody is fooled by our bigs getting the ball up high anymore and it doesn't really open up the middle for cutting. More often than not, a big getting the ball up high results in a turnover or bad shot.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
There is not a single player on the roster that has got basketball intelligence' instincs, and skill level for 100% of all areas of the game that he is assigned to play! Jose might have it, but!

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I was there and felt the same thing, but I also don't think it's all Pastner. There is something going on with some of the players as well. The effort, pride, and desire to not to be totally embarrassed by Ball St was non-existent. Jose tried to bring some energy at timeouts but many of the other players just looked like they didn't give a damn. That's internal motivation.

I also think something that's really hurting us this year is the lack of a guy like Lammers that can play high and low. It seems like much of the offense used to be based on the big guy distributing the ball from the top of the key or being able to make that shot. Nobody is fooled by our bigs getting the ball up high anymore and it doesn't really open up the middle for cutting. More often than not, a big getting the ball up high results in a turnover or bad shot.

Yeah, I still don’t understand at all why our bigs, especially Moses, get the ball out so far from the basket. And don’t get me started on Devoe’s driving to the hoop. I kinda like the aggressiveness, but he’s totally out of control almost every single time, and it ends up a turnover, or a WAS (wild a**ed shot) that has about a zero chance of going in. It’s almost instinctive for me now to facepalm in the stands as soon as I see him begin to drive with the ball. It’s 9 times out of 10 a disaster.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
As a man who is prone to overreaction, I am stunned by this overreaction.

the fault does not lie with the players IMHO.
OK; I agree, and that is CJP has torn the program up completely!!! And he is the MAIN reason of which I have stated several times. This is my first about the players.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
As a man who is prone to overreaction, I am stunned by this overreaction.

the fault does not lie with the players IMHO.

Except for the weak assed ill advised entry passes that have no chance of success because the receiving parties don’t come to the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, I still don’t understand at all why our bigs, especially Moses, get the ball out so far from the basket. And don’t get me started on Devoe’s driving to the hoop. I kinda like the aggressiveness, but he’s totally out of control almost every single time, and it ends up a turnover, or a WAS (wild a**ed shot) that has about a zero chance of going in. It’s almost instinctive for me now to facepalm in the stands as soon as I see him begin to drive with the ball. It’s 9 times out of 10 a disaster.
I agree in regards to Moses. I disagree about Devoe. In the last game he definitely forced the issue too much and threw up some wild shots. Prior to that game that wasn't as much the case. When he tried to drive he made some good things happen and in the Syracuse game he needed to be more aggressive.