Team overall ceiling

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
It has been obvious since birth that Moses should not be playing on the perimeter. The fact that he continues to do so is one of Pastner’s biggest coaching failures so far.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
It has been obvious since birth that Moses should not be playing on the perimeter. The fact that he continues to do so is one of Pastner’s biggest coaching failures so far.

Moses was perfect from the field against Boise State along with 9 rebounds. No matter what, he can't seem to get much fan love.

Given we run the Princeton offense, it requires constant motion and passing to cutters. If he parked down low, he would clog up the passing lanes hence the need to go to the perimeter.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Moses was perfect from the field against Boise State along with 9 rebounds. No matter what, he can't seem to get much fan love.

Given we run the Princeton offense, it requires constant motion and passing to cutters. If he parked down low, he would clog up the passing lanes hence the need to go to the perimeter.

Moses played a good game. He has the physical attributes to be a reliable offensive and defensive player around the basket, and that is where he should be 100% of the time. If coach would help Moses play to his strengths he could be a double-double machine. That does not change the fact that a keen observer wants to cringe and cover his eyes every time Moses touches the ball on the perimeter. Rarely does anything good come from it, and many times something bad ensues, typically a turnover. Coach doesn't do Moses or the team any good to play him out of position.

On the "constant motion and passing to cutters", we don't do that. We should, but we don't. Tonight we had 5 assists on 27 made baskets, and we had 20 turnovers. We did not win because we ran good offense. We won thanks to individual players elevating their game, especially effort and attitude, led by Jose. We had a few good offensive possessions in the second half, but for the most part it was just players making plays, and playing good defense.

LibertyTurns

Banned
That is so not true. You would need to understand WBB. It’s very segregated into the haves and have nots. We have 1 Sweet 16 appearance in the HISTORY of our program. Unfortunately GTWBB never expanded upon that. It takes more than the HC. It takes a staff to recruit. The culture has to change. The process. There are more than 2 or 3 schools putting the money in. No, we are not a pink-blood.
We might as well be talking bout badminton. I’m sure the 500 fans that show up to watch women’s basketball care, but nobody else does.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Cremins was behind our bench many games last year. You'd think with a direct link to Bobby and Coach Cal he'd use those resources but I'm not certain CJP is the kind of person who thinks he needs any advice from someone else regarding his team.
Sounds familiar. Happens with coaches that lack confidence.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We might as well be talking bout badminton. I’m sure the 500 fans that show up to watch women’s basketball care, but nobody else does.

This response may end up being a miscalculation, so lemme go get my...
giphy.gif

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Moses played a good game. He has the physical attributes to be a reliable offensive and defensive player around the basket, and that is where he should be 100% of the time. If coach would help Moses play to his strengths he could be a double-double machine. That does not change the fact that a keen observer wants to cringe and cover his eyes every time Moses touches the ball on the perimeter. Rarely does anything good come from it, and many times something bad ensues, typically a turnover. Coach doesn't do Moses or the team any good to play him out of position.

On the "constant motion and passing to cutters", we don't do that. We should, but we don't. Tonight we had 5 assists on 27 made baskets, and we had 20 turnovers. We did not win because we ran good offense. We won thanks to individual players elevating their game, especially effort and attitude, led by Jose. We had a few good offensive possessions in the second half, but for the most part it was just players making plays, and playing good defense.

Throw out the Ball State game (which was a ****show for everyone) and he is averaging 16.7 ppg and 9.25 rpg dating back to Nebraska. I’m not sure why everyone hates on him so much as he is clearly playing at a high level. He’s one of our best players, and I suspect he is going to keep getting better.

He is quickly becoming someone that the staff can point to as an example of great development.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Throw out the Ball State game (which was a ****show for everyone) and he is averaging 16.7 ppg and 9.25 rpg dating back to Nebraska. I’m not sure why everyone hates on him so much as he is clearly playing at a high level. He’s one of our best players, and I suspect he is going to keep getting better.

He is quickly becoming someone that the staff can point to as an example of great development.

Well said! Moses is a great case of year over year player development and he has another 1 1/2 seasons before he graduates. He still makes mistakes (who doesn't) but is quietly becoming one of the more reliable players on the team. Moses is capable of averaging a double-double for the season, plays good defense yet there were some that speculated when Usher came back, Moses would go to the bench.

We have a team with quality starters and experienced depth. There will be several more 'oh no' moments during the season however I'm looking forward to continuous improvement by team as they continue to gel. I'm sure the turnovers will go down when that happens also.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

this is 100% correct. The problem remains, if you will allow me some leash, that the coaching staff continually puts him in positions where he has traditionally not been successful. There is absolutely zero reason he should be handling the ball 18-24ft from the hoop.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
this is 100% correct. The problem remains, if you will allow me some leash, that the coaching staff continually puts him in positions where he has traditionally not been successful. There is absolutely zero reason he should be handling the ball 18-24ft from the hoop.

+1 times 1000