Film Room Tax 20 Offense Slow Motion Video

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
That was a good OL.

By replying to my post, you make it seem like an either/or. That's wrong.

The OL did their jobs, and BBack read the gaps. I'm not an expert, but I suspect it was something like a zone dive where the blocking and run path depend on D alignment.

Many of our running plays are system plays where the direction, ball carrier, and run path do not rely as much on RB reading D in backfield after ball is in his hand.

Adding a "Yes, but also ..." would have been clearer if that's what you meant.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Great Oline and Bback on this play. But what a great block thrown by the playside Aback. Not sure who that is, but he knocked #34 on his arse with a little help from Mills.

Was this a heavy package right? Nice alignment anyways. The poor wr we had lined up at LT tried to cut big #90 and just bounced off his thigh pad like a rag doll.

Last edited:

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
It's a belly play from heavy formation. Look at that block by Will blowing out the DE and Mills giving a slight outside movement to trap the DE outside and then cutting inside Will. I think it was Ike throwing that awesome ps block on the lb.

As tech_wreck and dsc mentioned, I am not a huge fan of this formation with WR on the left side. I would much rather see us go true heavy with an extra tackle. I believe we ran this against clemson in 2013 at Clemson and Waller was blown up on the weakside. (just looked it up and it was a pass that we ran out of this formation and Waller was having to block Beasley...)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Mills is 4 yards past the LOS before he's even touched. Great job by the OL.

DM actually has a chance for a TD once he gets past Will Bryan. If he bounces it outside, he's a stiff arm on the DB away from some more yards and a possible TD. LOTS of green space if he cuts to the right. At that point, there's two DBs to in the middle one (27) is in on the eventual tackle and the other is shadowing 27. Mills really stops himself by running into the initial tackler who was blocked by the playside AB.

I'm giving DM the benefit on this play though. He probably knows where that first down marker is and said "I'm getting our a team a first down!"

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The simple jump stop to allow the OL to clear to make the block was a thing of beauty. As @Techster pointed out, this could've been a TD, if Mills make his way to the outside, instead burrowing his way to the marker. Not sure he didn't trust his speed or saw the defenders had a great angle on him. Hopefully, VR provides that better vision

I not a fan of having our WRs there as a TE, but I'm 99% there is throwback pass/screen off of this formation

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
The simple jump stop to allow the OL to clear to make the block was a thing of beauty. As @Techster pointed out, this could've been a TD, if Mills make his way to the outside, instead burrowing his way to the marker. Not sure he didn't trust his speed or saw the defenders had a great angle on him. Hopefully, VR provides that better vision

I not a fan of having our WRs there as a TE, but I'm 99% there is throwback pass/screen off of this formation

I think you're right. Looked like a touchdown to the outside if the WR makes the block.

Deleted member 2897

Tip of the hat for Parker Braun. He had to really go far to find someone to pancake, but eventually got his just reward.