Tashard named recruiter of year by Rivals

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Congrats to Rashard Toice. :)

I know it's frustrating to not be able to correct a mistake especially in a thread title.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Coach Choice's reply:

To all in the organization that work hard as a unit to get the right players and the families that give us the honor to recruit and coach your kids . I just wanna say thank you to all cause Lord knows it’s not me.
🙏🏽
🤘🏽

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I gave him my uga tickets

He said "will stay till we win a championship"

Guess he was talking about UT!
No hard feelings. TFG was pretty "frttter duck" TFG thought he was the vest recruiter. Also ( mom in area and Texas has had some super star rb.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
He was not going to stay at GT as a position coach when the much higher profile jobs came calling for him. Best to CTC!
Yeah, you're right. But it still hurts us more than we'll know. Excellent coach and even better recruiter. Hats off to one of my favorite Jackets.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I think he’ll come back home one day. He also recruited Jahmyr. He is one of the best recruiters in the country.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I think he’ll come back home one day. He also recruited Jahmyr. He is one of the best recruiters in the country.
What would he come back to GT as? OC or HC are the only options. I can't see that happening if Key is successful.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Money is why he won't be back. Choice made $225K his first year at Tech. Choice made $550K at Texas in 2023, putting him at 7th highest paid RB coach. Texas can afford to pay whatever they want to. Our fans don't seem to understand that Tech's number one problem is lack of $$$$. We aren't in the top 30 for RB coach salaries--we pay less than $350K. We can't compete with most schools for coaches--or other things--because of money.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
When a quarter million dollars a year isn’t enough for an assistant football coach you know the game has jumped the shark.

Just my $.02 worth.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure about that. Break it down by the hour. For the effort expended, $250k isn't as much as it seems. I bet these guys put in 3500 to 4000 hours a year.
40 hours-week is 2000 hours. They might be hitting 3000 hours - 60 hour weeks. Nobody really does 80 hours/week for long. So 250/3 is 83 and 83 x2 is 166. That’s roughly $165K per year. Pretty good pay.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
40 hours-week is 2000 hours. They might be hitting 3000 hours - 60 hour weeks. Nobody really does 80 hours/week for long. So 250/3 is 83 and 83 x2 is 166. That’s roughly $165K per year. Pretty good pay.
I guess $165k for an early mid-career salary is not bad, It's not as much as it used to be.

You don't think these guys work 16-hour days during the season and then long days on the recruiting trails? Travel and time on the weekends? I'd say easily closer to 3500 hours.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I guess $165k for an early mid-career salary is not bad, It's not as much as it used to be.

You don't think these guys work 16-hour days during the season and then long days on the recruiting trails? Travel and time on the weekends? I'd say easily closer to 3500 hours.
Let them eat cake!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Money is why he won't be back. Choice made $225K his first year at Tech. Choice made $550K at Texas in 2023, putting him at 7th highest paid RB coach. Texas can afford to pay whatever they want to. Our fans don't seem to understand that Tech's number one problem is lack of $$$$. We aren't in the top 30 for RB coach salaries--we pay less than $350K. We can't compete with most schools for coaches--or other things--because of money.
Very Accurate over long haul..

Gtaa has got be creative .

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
During a plant startup, I averaged 90 hrs/week for 6 weeks, per my wife. I am not so sure how accurate her numbers were but she got my attention!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
During a plant startup, I averaged 90 hrs/week for 6 weeks, per my wife. I am not so sure how accurate her numbers were but she got my attention!
Short periods, yes, not long-term. I was pulling 60+ most of last fall. I took most of December off to recoup. As a result, I made more money last year than I ever have. Almost paid the price, though. I’m not as young as I once was.