Targeting, without a doubt? Jimbo thinks so.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Just announced Golson is out for today's game with Syracuse. Problems with passing the concussion protocol. This is why Jimbo is whining. Doctors won't let him play his QB.

Go Jackets!
I know concussions are difficult things to grasp because they can happen on the most innocuous hits. Like the Gotsis hit on Golson. If that one caused a concussion I don't want to see our boy really lay into a QB. I think it was Boomer(?) who pointed out targeting is obvious and we all recognize it. Shoot, you can see it coming from 15 yards away, with the runner or receiver already teed up for it, and no effort is made to tackle him, but to knock him out.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I know concussions are difficult things to grasp because they can happen on the most innocuous hits. Like the Gotsis hit on Golson. If that one caused a concussion I don't want to see our boy really lay into a QB. I think it was Boomer(?) who pointed out targeting is obvious and we all recognize it. Shoot, you can see it coming from 15 yards away, with the runner or receiver already teed up for it, and no effort is made to tackle him, but to knock him out.
Innocuous? Unintentional yes, but innocuous, no. Golson's head snapped back violently. Force = ma. Gotsis had plenty of both on that play.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if we are (or anybody is ) teaching qb sackers / tacklers a different te hnique from the wrap up which makes the head to head contact highly likley.

Example nfl qb are babies.
.Being in houston before watched jj watt change to a lower rush = he fights w the ol guy and as he disengages / gets by quicker by going lower as a first priority. He seems to sense a spot on ground near where the qb will be that he could grab an ankle. He disengages quicker and defeats his blocker who is not expecting the move. When he gets only a piece he continues up for sack or at least disrupts play
Alternate to WRAP up should be an arm jab like ol use to neutralize de rush. Both hands do a quick violent jab to the center of chest? May get away for a bit but should be disrupted. ?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If I remember correctly the hit happened in the 2nd quarter vs. FSU, meaning even with an ejection Adam would have still been available to start @ UVA.