Syracuse Post Game

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
win or lose ....don't get pushed around which happened today

I'm not sure schemes could've worked against McCord today....He was heisman like today...
Teams are learning that you will have massive success against us when you throw slants and crossers. Syracuse committed their entire game plan to getting the ball out in less than 3 seconds and it tore us open a new one. Time for Santucci and crew to review tape and figure out how to stop this. It’ll be the gameplan against us the rest of the year

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
A bowl game would be a miracle...
I would not say that given the ridiculous number of bowls but going to a decent bowl is probably going to be a real challenge. Most of the bowls these days aren't worth the time, trouble, or money to be bothered with but teams go any way for exposure and practice I suppose. We are not terrible, just mediocre and we will get our heads handed to us a couple of times more.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Eh not really. Team is still talented. Win against VMI means we’re halfway there. Duke, UNC, VT look beatable and we always upset someone.
I admire your confidence...I don't for a moment share it. Does VMI count? I guess so. However, among those three you listed only Duke looks to be a sure win but we could win the other two but not playing like we did today. IIWII

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Just a lot of coaching mistakes today. I am really stunned we didn't onside kick it with 2:30 to go - the defense was not the side of the ball to trust today - it was the special teams you needed to roll with. Then you have the option to put them 2nd and 25 where they would presumably effectively give up the possession and use up our timeouts, we accept the penalty, and then give up another 3rd and long just like we have all day. Brent Key doesn't usually get outcoached but he did today but we'll be back at it next Saturday.