Syracuse Arrogance

Techfiend

Georgia Tech Fan
Boy, they really think McCord is all of that, don't they. I wonder if they ever watched him play for OSU? Without incredible talent around him, is he going to be as good? Guess they'll find out.

OP1

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok so fine. King cannot hear. Have no choice but to line up and just run ball down their throat. Sounds like a plan
Cannot hear? Same response I have for MLB pitchers/catchers, just use signals like you have been doing your entire career…

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Hope springs eternal. But Syracuse fans can only be so cavalier because they have no data. I feel pretty good about this game.
Much like Tech did, Cuse is getting rid of a staff that ran a funky scheme and hired a bunch of recruiters. Their DC was “co-DC” at A&M for one year and I’m unaware if he actually designed or called defenses for them. He was a DL coach the rest of his career. I’m guessing the 3-3-5, their calling card, and hell to play against, is gone.
Their OC did call some plays at Baylor, but has been in the NFL as a position coach for a while.

Dino had some bad luck with QB injuries but much like some Tech fans with PJ, him being scape goated as the reason they were going 6-6 may cause some mea culpas in a few years. Maybe he(and his staff) were the reason they were competitive at all.

stingerman

Georgia Tech Fan
We should take Syracuse very seriously. McCord is more than capable QB, and really could be one of the best in the conference. And from his stats, it does not look like he makes many mistakes. If we are Top 25, they will have extra intensity. And in our first true road game, it will not be easy. Our DL will need to have a really good game. But first...Georgia State!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Hope springs eternal. But Syracuse fans can only be so cavalier because they have no data. I feel pretty good about this game.
Much like Tech did, Cuse is getting rid of a staff that ran a funky scheme and hired a bunch of recruiters. Their DC was “co-DC” at A&M for one year and I’m unaware if he actually designed or called defenses for them. He was a DL coach the rest of his career. I’m guessing the 3-3-5, their calling card, and hell to play against, is gone.
Their OC did call some plays at Baylor, but has been in the NFL as a position coach for a while.

Dino had some bad luck with QB injuries but much like some Tech fans with PJ, him being scape goated as the reason they were going 6-6 may cause some mea culpas in a few years. Maybe he(and his staff) were the reason they were competitive at all.
We struggled to beat them last year against a replacement QB. They were physical. This is a new team and staff for them so we don't know what they will bring. The pass plays that FSU hit on their last drive gives me some concern we still need to improve pass defense. Ug-whatever was likely on a short leash most of the game. We will face better passing QB's this season.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
We struggled to beat them last year against a replacement QB. They were physical. This is a new team and staff for them so we don't know what they will bring. The pass plays that FSU hit on their last drive gives me some concern we still need to improve pass defense. Ug-whatever was likely on a short leash most of the game. We will face better passing QB's this season.
I’m not saying we don’t need to take them seriously. I’m just saying this new staff, especially on the defensive side, seems like a downgrade to me.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
May as well start this now given it's related to yesterday's game and we play 'Cuse in two weeks.

Mostly compliments and caution, but there are some real gems.

Comparing last year's defense not stopping their TE posing as a QB to this year's defense I think will be proven wrong. I am not debating a better throwing QB will have more success than FSU but I think we will score more than 24 points on most of our opponents.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'm talking football, not basketball. Big East football...so we're talking years and years ago. That was my point. It's been a long time since they had a loud football crowd.
That place helped them put Clemson (edited: Clemson was not #1 for this game) and a very good Wake Forest team on the ropes in 2021. I know multiple alumn who say the Dome can get absolutely rocking when they want it to. They have similar momentum in the program w/ the new coach, the best recruiting class they've had in decades, elite QB, etc - while the noon kick helps us a little bit, if they beat Ohio and we roll in Top 25, it's gonna be a madhouse.

Edit: 2017 was when they knocked off #2 Clemson in the Carrier Dome.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Two things: 1) they ran that funky running offense last year with an end at QB and we could not stop the run last year, and 2) on Saturday against F$U we were rushing 3 and playing their WRs soft on the final drive forcing them to eat clock. I’m not too worried. We held F$U to 21 points and less than 300 total yards. We should only get better.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Comparing last year's defense not stopping their TE posing as a QB to this year's defense I think will be proven wrong. I am not debating a better throwing QB will have more success than FSU but I think we will score more than 24 points on most of our opponents.
They really expect McCall to be a better throwing QB though? He won a lot of games at Ohio St but the dude projects as a UDFA in the NFL draft and was pretty clearly the weak spot on that OSU team. He could surprise with improvement but as of right now he's the same tier as DJU.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
We should take Syracuse very seriously. McCord is more than capable QB, and really could be one of the best in the conference. And from his stats, it does not look like he makes many mistakes. If we are Top 25, they will have extra intensity. And in our first true road game, it will not be easy. Our DL will need to have a really good game. But first...Georgia State!
This. Especially the last part.

I read half of this thread so far, and am putting it on mute for the foreseeable future. I'm taking a page from Key's playbook - I have no idea who we play the week after Georgia State, and that's fine with me.