Syracuse Arrogance

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
May as well start this now given it's related to yesterday's game and we play 'Cuse in two weeks.

Mostly compliments and caution, but there are some real gems.

I think with a better QB and a balanced O, I think we take care of business.
Their defense is not that good. FSU made them look better than they are. Cuse by 7.
I didn't they tackled well. I think we run the ball down their throat
GT won’t be able to stack the box with their safeties, or McCord will tear them apart.
King is a very good QB, but he will have a major struggle trying to hear his helmet audio over the Dome crowd!
I’m fully on the FSU is bad train. My guess? They’re going to be 6-6 this year and this game will be looked at as a fleeting highlight for GT versus a big win, GT is okay and I’m sure they’ll go bowling but I dont expect them to be anything special
GT is legit but this is a home field coming out party game. Nice week to play them honestly wish it was at night.
If we think we’re as good as we think we are, we should beat GT.
We almost beat them without a QB. Unless we lay an egg simple because out pieces are too new I like us.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
1724633831042.png

Who?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Hidden from all of this fsu douchebaggery the last 9 months is Syracuse fans seemingly out of nowhere thinking they are legit and pumping it out to anybody they cross paths with. The shear amount of ACC media posts that were flooded with Syracuse fans beating their chests was shocking.

They think McCord is the best QB in the conference and they think they’re a legit threat for ACC champion.

Their schedule is arguably the easiest power conference slate in modern cfb history, so they could be a below average team and still win 7. Not a layup here but I assume we’ll be favored even on the road. And until I see McCord show it on the field I’ll be skeptical he can be even as good there as he was with the OSU OL / RB / WR units (probably the best in the country last year). And he got cut from that team.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@LargeFO - I've yet to be in a venue louder than the sold out (at the time, Carrier) Dome, which was common in the 80's and 90's. The roof more than offsets stadiums with 2x the capacity and vertical layouts at Va Tech, Clemson, Georgia, etc.

But that was 20+ years ago, and the opportunities since then have been fleeting.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
May as well start this now given it's related to yesterday's game and we play 'Cuse in two weeks.

Mostly compliments and caution, but there are some real gems.

One of the comments was that King is not an elite passer. I have two things to say about that: 1) King threw for 2750 yards last season, and 2) who says you need an elite QB to beat Syracuse.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
They are giving Haynes King zero respect as a QB. Basically saying he's a running QB and can't throw. Said your D isn't that great as all we did was stack the box because DJ can't throw. That's great. That's what we want. GT is always better in the underdog position.

fairweatherhater

Georgia Tech Fan
One of the comments was that King is not an elite passer. I have two things to say about that: 1) King threw for 2750 yards last season, and 2) who says you need an elite QB to beat Syracuse.

Saying that King is not an elite passer is not necessarily wrong. It totally misses the point though because King is an elite QB as a total package. I hope he develops into an elite passing QB before he graduates as he has the potential.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Seriously. You obviously didn’t follow Big East football. When Cuse is playing well their Dome rocks.

I'm talking football, not basketball. Big East football...so we're talking years and years ago. That was my point. It's been a long time since they had a loud football crowd.