Senior Appreciation Synjyn Days #10, RS SR, Became a Jacket on 8/28/09

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Synjyn getting some looks from the NFL:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...am/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Intriguing NFL prospect. Can add a lot to a team because of his versatility on offense and he could play special teams. If he runs under a 4.5, WOW. Was super productive when given the chance to be a feature runner at BB, but also was selfless playing AB as he was our best blocker as well. Could be a really good fullback given his ability to pick up tough yards and block.

That time of the year where a lot of our guys will get written about. Probably doesn't get drafted but will get a shot in someone's camp.

If not, dental school is not a bad fallback plan!
Hope the kid gets a fair shot, and that Dwyer/Allen aren't held up as failure models. He can block better than Dwyer, obviously, with his experience at A back, but almost anyone could. I think he is faster and more elusive than Allen, but just off the TV. (Anybody know what Allen ran or even if he was at the combine?) But if he is plagued by that "one trick pony" tag put on Dwyer -- by his RB coach no less -- it could be hard. He's an example of somebody ought of HS who wanted a shot at playing QB, was given it, then successfully moved. Pretty sure had his desire been QB or else, he wouldn't be at GT.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
He looks uncannily like Josh Nesbitt at QB early in his career. And, then a little like Dwyer at BB late in his career. Really good player who finally got to show it. Love that guy and Laskey. Nothing more satisfying as a GT fan than seeing Days and Laskey running it down Ugag's throat, just physically pounding them into submission. And, just seeing Days and Laskey's relationship and always having fun out there but focused on the mission ... Love it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He looks uncannily like Josh Nesbitt at QB early in his career. And, then a little like Dwyer at BB late in his career. Really good player who finally got to show it. Love that guy and Laskey. Nothing more satisfying as a GT fan than seeing Days and Laskey running it down Ugag's throat, just physically pounding them into submission. And, just seeing Days and Laskey's relationship and always having fun out there but focused on the mission ... Love it.
Me too!

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Hope the kid gets a fair shot, and that Dwyer/Allen aren't held up as failure models. He can block better than Dwyer, obviously, with his experience at A back, but almost anyone could. I think he is faster and more elusive than Allen, but just off the TV. (Anybody know what Allen ran or even if he was at the combine?) But if he is plagued by that "one trick pony" tag put on Dwyer -- by his RB coach no less -- it could be hard. He's an example of somebody ought of HS who wanted a shot at playing QB, was given it, then successfully moved. Pretty sure had his desire been QB or else, he wouldn't be at GT.
Anthony Allen was at the combine. Here's his profile with all his measurables http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/anthony-allen?id=2495106

Days really turned it on the second half of the season. He doesn't get nearly enough love for his Orange Bowl performance. I really hope to see him get a shot at the next level.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Great write up Bruce Wayne. The character of this young man seems to be the character of this team or the team a reflection of his character. If our staff can continue to fill the slots with young men of this kind of character and skill, then football season at Georgia Tech is going to be so much fun to follow for seasons to come.
Go Jackets!

THWG

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Great write up Bruce Wayne. The character of this young man seems to be the character of this team or the team a reflection of his character. If our staff can continue to fill the slots with young men of this kind of character and skill, then football season at Georgia Tech is going to be so much fun to follow for seasons to come.
Go Jackets!

THWG
Really coincidentally, but I recently watched the replay of Miami-GT because I did not think the option worked nearly as well early as late. Maybe not late season, but still really, really well. I was surprised. But as to Days: with everything else, and nice kid or not, he was ready to fight somebody in the first half over what he thought was some rough stuff after a tackle of Thomas. At 231 pounds or so, nice guy to have around.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Who wouldn't have wanted to have had Synjyn on their team? He had a powerful positive stabilizing impact during the toughest moments during the season.

Great player, great attitude, great fun and always full of "Synjynergy"! From the "We're going to Charlotte" to the Orange Bowl win, his attitude stands out more than anyone's as the personality that made this team so special. There is no doubt that in addition to his huge production on the field, his off the field impact with his team was just as important. He may not be high in the GT record books, but the record of this team would have been much worse without him. You can't spell TEAM without......., well everyone knows what I mean.