Supersize, Gold1, This is for you. Gold Jerseys.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The closest school to us that uses green is um (or usf from one of those conferences)

We need to change 2 colors to Green & White. Easy to match across the board. MSU south.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
we really do need to change the words of our fight song to "I'm a Ramblin Wreck fro Georgia Tech and a helluva fashion designer". You guys are simply too much. I heard less whining about colors from my daughter and wife when picking dresses for her wedding.
Was her wedding dress was navy blue?

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
And how do we know the game-day jerseys won't be the same? After all those ugly blue uniforms we wore in the bowl game didn't have outlined numerals either.
Because these look identical to our white and blue practice jerseys, neither of which look anything like game day jerseys. Gameday jerseys will be the tight fitting Adidas pro-knit material, and have stitched emblems and numbers. And the numbers on the navy jerseys actually did have an outline, it was just the navy stitched piping around the gold number. They wanted to use the gold number to showcase our custom "yellow jacket pattern" in the numbers. That pattern won't translate on a white number. They probably could've used some white trim on the stinger stripes or logos, but those jerseys were originally introduced to wear with white pants, so they may not have thought about needing more white on them.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

BEAECA5A-F7DB-48F6-ACEF-84D5DEF5841B.jpeg

7647D28A-0993-425A-9221-011F7E7E7400.jpeg

07220736-41A0-425C-8AA3-82EE3583790E.jpeg

They are not the same.

This is literally the same gold on the basketball jerseys that everyone loves

Because these look identical to our white and blue practice jerseys, neither of which look anything like game day jerseys. Gameday jerseys will be the tight fitting Adidas pro-knit material, and have stitched emblems and numbers. And the numbers on the navy jerseys actually did have an outline, it was just the navy stitched piping around the gold number. They wanted to use the gold number to showcase our custom "yellow jacket pattern" in the numbers. That pattern won't translate on a white number. They probably could've used some white trim on the stinger stripes or logos, but those jerseys were originally introduced to wear with white pants, so they may not have thought about needing more white on them.
I hope you're right, but the bowl unis would say different.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope you're right, but the bowl unis would say different.
Well that's what I was getting at. We didn't make completely new uniforms for the bowl game. We had the blue jersey already that we used against Clemson, and we had the blue pants that we wore whenever. We were originally slated to wear the white pants with blue tops for the bowl game. Minnesota was wearing white tops. The seniors voted to wear the blue pants with those jerseys for the bowl game. If they were originally made to be worn together, I bet we would've seen more white accent trim somewhere.

Well that's what I was getting at. We didn't make completely new uniforms for the bowl game. We had the blue jersey already that we used against Clemson, and we had the blue pants that we wore whenever. We were originally slated to wear the white pants with blue tops for the bowl game. Minnesota was wearing white tops. The seniors voted to wear the blue pants with those jerseys for the bowl game. If they were originally made to be worn together, I bet we would've seen more white accent trim somewhere.
IIRC, the numerals on the jerseys were just plain yellow/gold, with no outline. Were the numerals on the Clemson jerseys not outlined? No matter what color jersey worn, IMO the numerals should ALWAYS be outlined. To do otherwise looks very amateurish.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
IIRC, the numerals on the jerseys were just plain yellow/gold, with no outline. Were the numerals on the Clemson jerseys not outlined? No matter what color jersey worn, IMO the numerals should ALWAYS be outlined. To do otherwise looks very amateurish.
Yeah that's what I was talking about in the earlier post. Those were the same jerseys we wore against Clemson. There was a stitched piping outline like always, but it was navy. They weren't just cheap blue jerseys with gold lettering. I guess they thought thin white outline that small wouldn't be noticed, or didn't feel the need for white since we wore white pants with them. White doesn't particularly do well as an accent or outline color on most things, so that makes it tough for us when white is one of our primary colors. I personally did want the classic white numbers with gold outline on the blue jerseys, but the gold numbers looked fine to me too. Definitely not amateurish, there are plenty of others with jerseys with no outline. USC, Tennessee, Ohio State, Penn State, etc.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
@Supersizethatorder-mutt , you should be happy to know that it looks like the navy pants are scratched for this season, or at least ones we had. IF they introduce them again it will probably incorporate a different design, maybe some more white on there somewhere. I highly doubt they have moved those pants into the practice uniform stash if they plan to still wear them again on gamedays: