Summer Workouts

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Who cares about 7 on 7. Pad up and play a game with all 11. 7 on 7 is about as relevant as having the best bikini at the North Pole.

Good for Georgia State.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Well The fact that we had brad Stewart as one of the wr helped GSU, it was practically 7 on 6 :D

( please do not take this serious)

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
This is what the NCAA website says:

"Preseason practice guidelines:
For days in which institutions schedule a two-a-day practice, live contact practices are only allowed in one practice. A maximum four (4) live contact practices may occur in a given week, and a maximum of 12 total may occur in preseason. Only three practices (scrimmages) would allow for live contact in greater than 50 percent of the practice schedule."

Thus you're looking at three weeks prior to game week, plus most of a week before that with no contact for physicals, meetings, etc. So working backwards from Sept. 3, I would guesstimate you're looking at somewhere around Aug 3rd. Which fits in well since summer semester finals are the week prior.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
In the dead of the off-season, I suppose we have to take our small bites of info wherever they may come from. These are in the AJC interview with KeShun Freeman yesterday--

*Defensive linemen are getting together twice a week to work on line techniques--
“I really am trying to work on different pass rush moves and everything because I think pass rush is going to be a real big key on the defensive line,” he said. “We’ve been working on a few things this year and I know that our guys are ready to take on more things this summer.”

*Summer Workouts--
Summer workouts are “going pretty awesome,” Freeman reported. “Looking around, everybody, their weight is increasing and people are lifting more, people are becoming stronger, faster. And that’s the kind of production that we need to go into the season.”